Senior Supply Chain Manager at International Rescue Committee
- Company: International Rescue Committee
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kigoma
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
Requisition ID: req28424
Job Title: Senior Supply Chain Manager
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Kasulu, Tanzania
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover and gain control of their future.
IRC has been present in Tanzania since 1993 and initially focused its response on meeting the needs of refugees from Rwanda, Burundi and the Democratic Republic of Congo. Since the initial influx, IRC Tanzania has continued to tirelessly serve the needs of both refugees and host communities. In 2020, IRC Tanzania reached 250,000 people across three refugee camps and within the broader population. Our work focuses across Protection (including GBV, Women’s Empowerment, Child Protection and Protection and Rule of Law), Education and Health (including mental health and sexual reproductive health).
IRC in Tanzania is funded by a range of high profile institutional and voluntary donors, including governments, international organizations, corporations, and foundations.
ROLES & RESPONSABILITIES
The Senior Supply Chain Manager is responsible and accountable for supply chain activities in Kasulu area of operation. Under the direct supervision and the guidance of Reg. Field Coordinator and technical support of the Senior Supply Chain Coordinator, the Senior Supply Chain Manager has to make sure that the following requirements are applied in the day-to-day operation process as per either the IRC or specific donor`s procedures:
- Preparing the MPA/MSA contracts for reviews before their submissions to the SSCC and then RSCD.
- Collecting, organizing, and analyzing the contracting data or any related SC ones.
- Coordinating the negotiations with suppliers through the procurement committee in place.
- Managing and leading the bidding process as per the GSC SOP in place.
- Developing and issuing requests for proposals (RFP)
- Completing a purchase request process in respect of agreed timeline.
- Managing relationships with suppliers
- Managing relationships with program staff during the procurement process.
- Knowing and applying donors’ rules and regulations for any purchases
- Developing and understanding category sourcing strategy
- Draft contracts, ensuring that the contract management process is in place and followed by everyone.
- Analyzing BVA reports and providing feedback to the SSCC or programs for under or overspent budget lines comparing to their grant ending dates.
- Identifying fraud red flags and immediately escalating them to the appropriate person or unit.
- Leading Market Analyses and with the procurement committee, identifying the value for money for all IRC goods & services procurement.
b. INVENTORY AND WAREHOUSING
- Ensuring that the inventory management process is applied at all sub field offices
- Making sure that the warehouse safety and security management is followed.
- Conducting the warehouse site selection following the criteria in the SCAT.
- Ensuring that the buffer stock management process is in place for all warehouses.
- Managing distribution plans and coordinating their updates with both the SSCC and programs
- Ensuring that the CIK stock management process is in place
- Managing the inventory disposal procedures and ensuring that all forms are signed and filed.
- Coordinating the Drug storage management trainings and ensuring that the recommendations are applied all time.
- Managing the stock take process with the warehouse officers. Ensuring the existence of stock take plan.
- Managing cycle counting process and ensuring that it is applied on regular basis.
- Coordinating the reconciliation process management after the inventory count and report the discrepancies to the SSCC in case of any.
- Manage inventory insurance coverage
- Ensuring that the cold chain management process is applied, and all deviations are mitigated.
- Participating actively to the food commodities management-ensure that the best practices are applied.
c. ASSETS AND PROPERTY
- Ensuring that the appropriate IRC assets and property management
- Managing the training needs assessment for warehouse staff to build their capacities.
- Implementing the donor requirements where required.
- Implementing the maintenance and repair management process for vehicles and equipment.
- Managing the disposal process and per the approved plan
- Managing the auction process following either the donor or IRC procedures.
- Understanding the insurance coverage process and the local regulations
- Developing the assets running cost analysis and providing the recommendations based on their status.
d. Logistics (Fleet)
- Managing fleet operations and providing support where needed.
- Creating local policies in respect of either IRC or local regulations.
- Implementing fuel consumption management.
- Developing the strategy(ies) for drivers’ management
- Developing the fleet movement plans strategies and management
- Ensuring that the HF and the VHF radios are managed effectively.
- Conducting the transport need assessments and providing recommendations when required.
- Understanding local department of transport requirement
- Managing vehicle insurance and registration
- Knowing customs clearance procedure
- Repair management
- Developing vehicle management cost analysis
- Managing vehicle safety
e. Learning and Development.
- Assessing training gaps and developing the professional careers plan for his supervisees.
- Managing the orientation and on-boarding process for new hired staff in the department.
- Coordinating the department trainings.
f. Security Responsibilities
- Be the Security focal Point for the area of operation.
- Provide guidance and oversight in regard to security procedures
- Set up communication network and ensure it is working efficiently to facilitate security information sharing.
- Ensure contracted security company perform their responsibilities as documented in the contract. Report to management any security challenges and incidents occurring within Kigoma region area of operation.
- Attend and participate in trainings identified/organized by your supervisor.
- Follow any new procedures and guidelines designated in circulars from Country Director.
- Report any violations of IRC’s three core values (Integrity, Service and Accountability) as per IRC WAY reporting mechanism. The reporting of violations is an obligation on the part of all staff members.
- Assist where necessary in undertaking activities that aim to prevent the occurrence of sexual abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries by IRC and other humanitarian workers.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor
- Minimum qualification required: University degree in Materials Management / Procurement and Logistics.
- Experience of 4 years in procurement and / or logistics in international organizations.
- Active member of Procurement and Supply Professionals and Technician Board (PSPTB)
Skills & Technical Skills:
- Good knowledge of the required computer tool (Excel, Word, power point
- Practical knowledge of logistics procedures and procurement practices is an asset.
- Good organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to maintain effective professional relationships at all levels.
- Strong organizational, negotiation and teamwork skills.
- Excellent verbal and written command of English required, including business vocabulary; fluency in Swahili is desirable.
- Proven level of integrity and reputation in the process of purchasing goods and services with sellers.
- Ability to lead teams and conflict management.
- Highly focused decision-making capabilities.
- Change management.
- Manage SC risks.
- Multifunctional collaboration.
- Strategic thinking.
- Effective communication.
- Problem solving ability.
- Result-oriented approach.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th June, 2022.