Senior Supply Chain Manager at International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Company: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
Senior Supply Chain Manager
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Kasulu, Kigoma, Tanzania
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC has been providing education services for Congolese and Burundian girls and boys in the Nyarugusu Refugee Camp since January 2014 and extended education services to Mtendeli refugee camp in March 2016. Services cover the full education spectrum from pre-school, through primary and secondary school, Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET), and tertiary education applications. Schools follow the country of origin national curriculum (Burundian and Congolese).
The IRC is the consortium lead for a five-year project, “PlayMatters”, funded by the LEGO Foundation. The PlayMatters initiative will increase play-based learning opportunities for nearly 1 million pre-primary and primary school aged refugee and host community children impacted by the humanitarian crises in East Africa and living in Ethiopia, Uganda and Tanzania. This project aims to build children’s social, emotional, cognitive, physical and creative skills through play in their homes, schools, and communities and will be implemented in partnership with War Child, Plan International, Ubongo, Behavioural Insights Team and Innovations for Poverty Action.
We are looking for the Senior Supply Chain Manager who will be responsible and accountable for supply chain activities in Kigoma region, area of operation. Under the direct supervision and the guidance of the Field Coordinator and technical support of the Senior Supply Chain Coordinator, the Senior Supply Chain Manager has to make sure that the following requirements are applied in the day-to-day operation process as per either the IRC or specific donor`s procedures:
- Preparing the MPA/MSA contracts for reviews before their submissions to the SSCC and then RSCD.
- Collecting, organizing, and analyzing the contracting data or any related SC ones.
- Coordinating the negotiations with suppliers through the procurement committee in place.
- Managing and Leading the bidding process as per the GSC SOP in place.
- Developing and issuing requests for proposals (RFP)
- Completing a purchase request process in respect of agreed timeline.
- Managing relationships with suppliers
- Managing relationships with program staff during the procurement process.
- Knowing and applying donors’ rules and regulations for any purchases
- Developing and understanding category sourcing strategy
- Draft contracts, ensuring that the contract management process is in place and followed by everyone.
- Analyzing BVA reports and providing feedback to the SSCC or programs for under or overspent budget lines comparing to their grant ending dates.
- Identifying fraud red flags and immediately escalating them to the appropriate person or unit.
- Leading Market Analyses and with the procurement committee, identifying the value for money for all IRC goods & services procurement.
Inventory and Warehousing
- Ensuring that the inventory management process is applied at all field offices
- Making sure that the warehouse safety and security management is followed.
- Conducting the warehouse site selection following the criteria in the SCAT.
- Ensuring that the buffer stock management process is in place for all warehouses.
- Managing distribution plans and coordinating their updates with both the SSCC and programs
- Ensuring that the CIK stock management process is in place
- Managing the inventory disposal procedures and ensuring that all forms are signed and filed.
- Coordinating the Drug storage management trainings and ensuring that the recommendations are applied all time.
- Managing the stock take process with the warehouse officers. Ensuring the existence of stock take plan.
- Managing cycle counting process and ensuring that it is applied on regular basis.
- Coordinating the reconciliation process management after the inventory count and report the discrepancies to the SSCC in case of any.
- Manage inventory insurance coverage
- Ensuring that the cold chain management process is applied, and all deviations are mitigated.
- Participating actively to the food commodities management-ensure that the best practices are applied.
Assets and Property
- Ensuring that the appropriate IRC assets and property management
- Managing the training needs assessment for warehouse staff to build their capacities.
- Implementing the donor requirements where required.
- Implementing the maintenance and repair management process for vehicles and equipment.
- Managing the disposal process and per the approved plan
- Managing the auction process following either the donor or IRC procedures.
- Understanding the insurance coverage process and the local regulations
- Developing the assets running cost analysis and providing the recommendations based on their status.
- Managing fleet operations and providing support where needed.
- Creating local policies in respect of either IRC or local regulations.
- Implementing fuel consumption management.
- Developing the strategy(ies) for driver’s management
- Developing the fleet movement plans strategies and management
- Ensuring that the HF and the VHF radios are managed effectively.
- Conducting the transport need assessments and providing recommendations when required.
- Understanding local department of transport requirement
- Managing vehicle insurance and registration
- Knowing customs clearance procedure
- Repair management
- Developing vehicle management cost analysis
- Managing vehicle safety
Learning and Development.
- Assessing training gaps and developing the professional careers plan for his subordinates.
- Managing the orientation and on-boarding process for new hired staff in the department.
- Coordinating the department training’s.
- Attend and participate in trainings identified/organized by your supervisor.
- Follow any new procedures and guidelines designated in circulars from Country Director.
- Report any violations of IRC’s three core values (Integrity, Service and Accountability) as per IRC WAY reporting mechanism. The reporting of violations is an obligation on the part of all staff members.
- Assist where necessary in undertaking activities that aim to prevent the occurrence of sexual abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries by IRC and other humanitarian workers.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor
- A bachelor degree in Business Administration, Procurement and Supply Chain Management, Materials Management, Procurement and Logistics or equivalent.
- Experience of two years of relevant practical experience in the field of Procurement for Goods and Services or logistics in an International Organization.
- Proficiency in standard computer applications such as Microsoft Office and specialized applications like SUN system etc.
- Good Customer Relations, Negotiation skills, effective Communication and Report writing skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications in English and Kiswahili.
IRC staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Global Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 20th August, 2020.