Senior Supervisor – Procurement Contracts at Geita Gold Mining Ltd
- Company: Geita Gold Mining Ltd
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Geita
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania - Geita Gold Mining Ltd Jobs in Tanzania
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Senior Supervisor – Procurement & Contracts
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
Department: Supply Chain
Reporting to: Superintendent – Procurement & Contracts
Number of Positions: One (01)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The purpose of the role is to supervise and manage a team of procurement and contracts officers to ensure that daily activities of the team is aligned to the function’s policies and procedures and the mines overall objectives, with minimal risk to the company.
- Bachelor’s degree or Advanced Diploma in Procurement and Supply Management / Law or equivalent
- Master’s in Business Administration will be an added advantage
- Must be registered by PSPTB
- GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- At least 5 years’ work experience in supply Chain Operations preferably in Mining industry, one of which must be in senior position in Procurement and contracts
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Daily Supervision and management of a team of Procurement and Contracts officers
- Monitor and control the adherence of procurement and Contracts officer to the function’s Acquisition policy and procedure
- Monitor and control the adherence of Procurement and Contracts officers to function standard operating procedures
- Daily review, allocation (where required), monitoring and control of all outstanding Requisitions
- Daily review, monitoring and control of outstanding orders
- Review and Endorsement of contracts to ensure contracts are concluded with minimal risk to the company and at markets rates
- Perform Daily ‘Desk Checks’ (review) of Procurement and Contracts Officers’ work
- Provide and implement new process improvement initiatives from time to time
- Should possess strong interpersonal skills
- Should be very analytical
- Should be a good team player
- Cultural awareness
- Must possess excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Should be able to develop effective working relationship across all levels of organisation
- Positive attitude towards safety and environment compliance
- Should be ready to work under pressure with tight deadlines and minimal supervision
- Experience in using ERP preferably SAP
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply through our recruitment portal by clicking the ‘APPLY’ button below.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Senior Supervisor – Procurement & Contracts”
- If you struggle to apply via the link provided, please head over to our website https://www.geitamine.com/en/people/ for a step-by-step guide on how to apply for jobs on our recruitment portal (SuccessFactors).
- You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
- Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
- Applications should reach the above on or before 25th July 2022 at 5:30 Pm
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
NOTE ON COVID-19 PREVENTION:
- Please note when you are invited for interviews, you will be required to present proof of vaccination against COVID-19 (Covid-19 vaccination certificate) or if you are not vaccinated, please go for a Covid-19 test and obtain a 96 – hour valid PCR Covid-19 negative certificate.
- You are also advised to adhere to all recommended prevention measures including proper wearing of face masks and washing or sanitizing your hands before you are allowed through Geita Gold Mine entry points.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 31st July, 2022.