Senior Specialist, DC Servers Infrastructure at NMB
- Company: NMB
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Senior Manager, Data Centers Infrastructure
27th April 2021
To plan, organize and drive the evolution of the strategic virtualization, storage, backup, replication and recovery program that adapts to a rapidly changing business needs while offering key standardized functions across the organization.
- Coordinate, supervise and provide overall accountability for the daily activities of business support for Network Attached Storage (NAS), Direct Attached Storage (DAS) and Storage Attached Network (SAN) with respective automations (Orchestration).
- Manages all projects related to storage including new acquisition and upgrade of existing storage infrastructure.
- Provide and implement effective strategies to improve availability, performance, scalability and security of storage infrastructure.
- Maintain and analyze metrics to identify harmful trends, capacity forecasting and planning inputs.
- Design, implement and provide ongoing support of the backup infrastructure.
- Create and maintain backup infrastructure for both bare-metal and virtual machines with the appropriate SAN, network, or local storage configurations, using both Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and third-party tools on Linux and Windows environments.
- Evaluate, improve, and maintain information security throughout the servers’ infrastructure space.
- Monitor and correct critical backup issues and create recovery processes for failures and performance bottlenecks and configure alerts for proactive response times.
- Install, configure, test and maintain system management tools, SAN, tape infrastructure and server plugins with the latest hardware and software patch and firmware versions.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability to include verification of the replication of data, fail over copies and redundant data sets.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes.
- Configure and Maintain virtualization, storage, security, backup and redundancy strategies.
- Develop and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks, such as monitoring with Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems and provide 2nd level support.
- Ensure technical documentation exists i.e. policies, processes and procedures for all virtualization, backup and storage infrastructure.
- Provide real-time reporting of backup storage consumed and utilized resources to include performance metrics for tape and disk space consumption, storage availability, performance and trends.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to present technical data in a comprehensive, yet clear manner.
- Expert knowledge in Virtualization, Backup and SAN storage
- Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills in English and Swahili.
- Strong Planning and organizing skills.
- Project Management skills.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Computer Science, Information Security or related academic fields.
- Minimum of six (6) overall years’ experience in Backup and Enterprise Storage Management software/technologies.
- IT professional certifications such as VMware Certified Professional Datacenter Virtualization (VCP-6-DCV), CDCMP, Veeam Certified Engineer (VMCE), ITIL, Specialist Implementation Engineer Dell EMC Unity Solutions (DCS-IE) and Computer knowledge is essential.
- Experience in Virtualization products such as VMware vSphere; Backup products such as Veeam and related Storage Products.
- Experience in storage, backup, replication and recovery areas within organizations of a similar scale or equivalent client-service experience in the field.
NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
“NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 27th April, 2021.