Senior Software Developers at NMB Bank
- Company: NMB Bank
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
To lead a team of software developers in studying bank operations; design, build, test and install software solutions or modify/upgrade existing applications; support and develop software to meet key business goals.
- Actively participate in systems/projects scoping, design, and pricing exercises as part of the development and business teams’ processes.
- Bringing together components, software subsystems into a whole and ensuring that those subsystems function together.
- Studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas.
- Determining operational feasibility by evaluating impact analysis, problem definition, user requirements, proposed solutions and efforts required.
- Documenting and demonstrating solutions, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear pseudo codes.
- Developing and conducting testing plans and procedures based upon system requirements
- Identify systems deficiencies and implement effective solutions
- Communicating and enforcing coding standards; and recommending changes in policies, processes and procedures.
- Researching, evaluating, and recommending systems/equipment/technologies based upon user requirements and ICT system enterprise architecture in place.
- Updating job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Knowledge on the trending banking software’s and technologies in the market
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Problem solving and follow through
- Pragmatic and thorough
- Familiarity with Agile’s scrum development methodologies
- Fluent in at least two of the languages (Java, PHP,C# , Python)
- Knowledge on a variety of MVC frameworks/systems – Spring or Java EE is an added advantage
Qualifications and Experience
- BSc. in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Agile/Scrum certification as an added advantage.
- At least 5 years in software development industry.
- Experience with DevOps tools and practices, including CI/CD, Automated Builds & Release Pipelines, etc.
- Experience with software design principles, patterns, and practices, like solid, clean code, design patterns and thinking
- Experience with varieties of databases and object-relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks.
- Experience in Mobile Applications Development; and integrations with Banks products/systems is an added advantage
NMB Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted for this role.
“NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 2nd September, 2020.