13 Feb 2023
Senior Social Worker (Outreach) at Amani Centre for Street Children
Never Miss a Job Update Again. Click Here to Subscribe
- Company: Amani Centre for Street Children
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Tanzania
SENIOR SOCIAL WORKER (outreach)- Young Teenage Girls in Commercial Sex Work
Amani Centre for Street Children is a nationally registered NGO based in Moshi, Kilimanjaro with its branches in Arusha and Singida Regions. Amani is seeking to recruit a dynamic, detail-oriented, self-starter professional to fill the position of Senior Social Worker (outreach)for a 3-year Pilot Program to work with young teenage girls (ages 13-17) who are street-connected and (partially) engaged in commercial sex work in Arusha.
Position description shall include but not limited to:
- Co-develop, lead the implementation, and evaluate successes of the “Teenage Girls in Commercial Sex Work” Project.
- Frequent outreach, together with Amani’s street outreach workers, into the high-risk areas of the targeted young teenage girls, to meet and discuss with them.
- Group and individual (deep) counselling sessions to these girls.
- Responsible to coach and work closely with other field staff in the Project to ensure that equally detailed and high-quality services are provided to all girls supported by the project.
- Build positive collaboration with all involved Government departments and Community Stakeholders, and when necessary organize and conduct training workshops to them.
- Develop and implement individual rescue and rehabilitation plans for these girls.
- Help the rescued girls to build new positive lives by conducting life skills sessions to them, and enrolling them in vocational training courses.
- Masters, bachelor’s degree or diploma in Social Work, Sociology, Counseling Child Psychology, or other related discipline.
- Great relationship-builder and facilitator, especially to young teenage girls.
- Ability to build positive working relations with local Government including Police and Social Welfare department.
- Excellent command of English and Swahili, oral and written.
- At least 5 years’ experience in working with poor urban children/youth communities (especially girls).
- Proven excellent in Computer use in Word and excel programs.
- Experience in collaborating with girls engaged in Commercial Sex Work will be an added advantage.
- Willingness to do frequent outreach works in the streets and slums of Arusha to meet the girls.
Note: given the nature of this work, preference will be given to women applicants.
Method of ApplicationTo apply, please send your detailed cover letter, resume, copies of relevant certificates/diplomas, and contacts of at least 2 professional referees to [email protected] not later than 24 February 2023. Please clearly indicate referee’s address, email, and day phone numbers.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE