Senior Research Associate at Alliance of Bioversity International
- Company: Alliance of Bioversity International
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
SENIOR RESEARCH ASSOCIATE ‐ AVISA PROJECT
The Alliance of Bioversity International (www.bioversityinternational.org) and the International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) (www.ciat.cgiar.org) delivers research‐based solutions that harness agricultural biodiversity and sustainably transform food systems to improve people’s lives. Alliance solutions address the global crises of malnutrition, climate change, biodiversity loss, and environmental degradation.
The Alliance of Bioversity International and CIAT is part of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food‐secure future.
The Alliance is seeking to recruit a qualified and competent Senior Research Associate to be based in Arusha, Tanzania. The Senior Research Associate will be responsible for supporting the design and implementation of on‐farm experimental plots under the Tricot approach for the AVISA project in Tanzania.
- Provide support on the ClimMob implementation and work with the Tanzania teams of the Alliance and ICRISAT to test yield estimation procedures for sorghum, groundnut and
- Organize tricot pilot trial execution and synthesis of methodological lessons from the Tanzania
- Support the consensus on the methods to measure farmer‐led yield in
- Coordinate efforts with off‐takers within the defined bean, groundnut and sorghum corridors to ensure variety choice responds to market
- Measure yield on tricot trials in Tanzania to determine the accuracy of different farmer‐led yield measurement methodologies and make recommendations to be
- Support the development of a scaling model for beans in Document lessons and share with AVISA partners.
- Organize feedback meetings with farmers to compile lessons learnt in year 1 and organize the logistics for the scaling in year
- Any other assignments that the team leader may assign from time to
REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in Agronomy, Agricultural Sciences or related fields
- Experience in plant breeding is an added advantage
- Previous experience from relevant fieldwork in Sub Saharan Africa
- Good Experience with participatory approaches
- Good report writing and process documentation skills
- Knowledge of Swahili is an advantage
Method of ApplicationApplicants are invited to visit http://ciat.cgiar.org/ciat‐jobs to get full details of the position and to submit their applications. Applications MUST include reference number AF‐2878: Senior Research Associate as the position applied for. Application and CV should be saved as one document using the candidate’s lastname, firstname for ease of sorting.
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Note: The Alliance does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). The Alliance also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.
Applications closing date: 5th May, 2021 Please note that email applications will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.