Senior Quality Advisor, Tanzania at Palladium
- Company: Palladium
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
Palladium develops and delivers innovative, locally relevant, evidence-based solutions to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. Since 1971, we have assisted governmental and non-governmental agencies, foundations, and the private sector by designing, implementing, and evaluating programs in HIV/AIDS, sexual and reproductive health, population and family planning, maternal and child health, infectious diseases, and gender. Palladium has deep expertise in policy and advocacy, research and strategic information, health markets and private sector engagement, modeling and economic analysis, patient monitoring and management/HMIS, strategic consulting, and program management.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Palladium is currently seeking a Senior Quality Improvement (QI) Advisor to support implementation of the Translating Data for Implementation (Data.FI) award which is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). Data.FI partners with PEPFAR programs to accelerate and sustain access to high-quality data to expedite HIV and COVID-19 epidemic control and maintenance. Data.FI supports host country governments to enhance existing health information systems (HIS) and conduct in-depth analysis of epidemiologic and program data to inform management responses to gaps in programming and sustain impact by supporting local partner transition.
Purpose of Position:
In Tanzania, Data.FI will support the government (PORALG) and USAID to strengthen and expand the application of the Makole Model as a change management approach to improve productivity and the quality of services at health facilities. The QI Advisor will support implementation and expand the scope of the quality improvement initiative known as the Makole Model, successfully implemented at the health facility level, through the development of Situation Rooms at the district and national levels. The QI Advisor will work closely with a Technical Advisory Group (TAG) composed of experts from USAID, PORALG and UNICEF, to leverage data from routine health information systems and existing quality improvement and quality assurance platforms to improve productivity, quality of services and institutional performance.
This position is based in Dar or Dodoma, Tanzania, final location TBD. The initial position term is 6 months, with an extension for up to 3 years, depending on funding.
- Lead the design of Quality Improvement (QI) strategies and approaches for the project.
- Build effective working relationships with the Government of Tanzania and other development partners via the Technical Advisory Group (TAG).
- Conduct a rapid assessment of current and past QI/QA and data use initiatives (e.g. Makole Model, Star rating, RBF by WB, DHFF etc…) at the district and national levels to identify key achievements and challenges.
- In collaboration with stakeholders and partners, develop national QI/QA and data use guidance appropriate for facility, district and national levels.
- Assess strengths, weaknesses and needs of district officials to be able to conduct QI/QA initiatives at the district level and support QIQA/ processes at the health facility.
- Develop training materials for district officials to launch Situation Room meetings for data review and use which identifies the root cause of performance problems and incorporates the Plan-Do-See Act (PDSA) QA/QI approach for engaging in appreciative inquiry and corrective action planning.
- Provide support to district-based QI Officers and mentor them in the provision of support to partner organizations training and starting up facility-based QI teams. Ensure feedback loops between facility-based QI teams, who will provide regular reports on facility progress and make recommendations for next steps, with district and national level data use teams.
- Contribute to the design of user-friendly data visualization products (dashboards and standard analyses) designed to monitor performance in collaboration with Data Visualization Specialist.
- Leverage adult learning principles to create interactive sessions intended to engage critical thinking skills, encourage accountability, and be highly systematized for ease of replicability.
- Collaborate closely with Senior System Architect to ensure analytics and dashboards are designed to promote and reflect decision making and respond to user requirements.
- Promote knowledge management efforts aimed at tracking impact of data use strategies.
- A Master’s degree in public health, statistics, health informatics required; a Medical Degree with clinical experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in leading QA and QI interventions in the context of health systems strengthening initiatives.
- Demonstrable experience in supporting QI interventions at all levels of the health system (facility, sub-national, and national).
- Demonstrated skills in building the capacity of regional level stakeholders in quality improvement principles; this includes strong skills in facilitating the interpretation and use of data by program managers.
- Knowledge of project management principles and ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to effectively write technical documents, lead meetings, develop and conduct trainings and deliver presentations.
- Strong organizational, stakeholder management and people skills required; existing relationships with USAID, PORALG and UNICEF preferred.
- Familiarity with the Makole Model a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, TEAMS), experience with DHIS2 and Business Intelligence tools an advantage.
- Ability to travel 50% within Tanzania.
- Ability to work legally in Tanzania required.
- Fluency in English required, fluency in Swahili preferred.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 7th May, 2021.