Senior Public Sector Governance Innovation Fund (GIF) Lead at FHI 360
- Company: FHI 360
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
FHI 360 is a global organization that mobilizes research, resources and relationships so people everywhere can access the opportunities they need to lead full, healthy lives. With collaborations in over 60 countries, we work directly with local leaders to advance social and economic equity, improve health and well-being, respond to humanitarian crises and strengthen community resilience.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Senior Public Sector Governance Innovation Fund (GIF) Lead for an upcoming civil society activity.
The Senior Public Sector GIF Lead will be responsible for leading and managing the GIF, ensuring its adherence to FCDO’s compliance, programme management, financial management, value for money and communications. They are responsible for executing the process of project iteration with FCDO, SDC and GoT recipients, preparation of Statements of Work (SOW); recruitment of appropriate expertise, sub-granting to downstream suppliers, management of project inputs and realisation of outputs, collation and final quality assurance of project reports based on expert staff inputs, developing and implementing a proactive engagement and communication strategy to disseminate analytical products to a range of audiences, including FCDO, Tanzanian and UK government.
The Senior Public Sector GIF Lead must meet the following requirements:
- Have strong working relationships with the Government of Tanzania and experience in delivering and leading technical assistance to the Government.
- Must demonstrate relevant expertise in:
- (1) rapid project design including developing terms of reference, robust theories of change and results frameworks;
- (2) sourcing, negotiating and leading independent consultancy contracts;
- (3) delivering accurately at pace;
- (4) maintaining a broad yet working level knowledge of a wide variety of technical areas;
- (5) developing a deep understanding of FCDO requirements;
- (6) proactively foreseeing FCDO comments and providing key information to enable decisions including on project adaptions;
- (7) concise and clear written and oral communication and expert use of graphical and tabular data presentation.
- Must demonstrate internationally competitive senior experience in leadership and delivery of international governance programmes.
- Fluent in Kiswahili.
• Master’s degree in related field.
• Minimum 6 years of related in a senior role working in a non-governmental organisation (NGO).
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Our values and commitments to safeguarding: FHI 360 is committed to preventing any type of abuse, exploitation and harassment in our work environments and programs, including sexual abuse, exploitation and harassment. FHI 360 takes steps to safeguard the welfare of everyone who engages with our organization and programs and requires that all personnel, including staff members and volunteers, share this commitment and sign our code of conduct. All offers of employment will be subject to appropriate screening checks, including reference, criminal record and terrorism finance checks. FHI 360 also participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme (MDS), facilitated by the Steering Committee for Humanitarian Response. In line with the MDS, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any substantiated findings of sexual abuse, exploitation and/or harassment during the applicant’s tenure with previous employers. By applying, job applicants confirm their understanding of these recruitment procedures and consent to these screening checks.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th October, 2023.