Senior Project Officer (SPO) at Solidaridad
- Company: Solidaridad
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Zanzibar Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Solidaridad is a global civil society organization (CSO) that provides market-driven solutions for sustainable production practices across different supply chains. We envision a world in which all we produce, and all we consume, can sustain us while respecting the planet, each other, and the next generations. Our mission is to bring together supply chain players and engage them with innovative solutions to improve production, ensuring the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes the benefit for all stakeholders.
Title: Senior Project Officer (SPO)
Duration: 1-year contract (extension based on performance)
Reporting line: Project Manager
Position level: Mid-level
Main objective of the function
To Certification and Beyond is a market access-focused project that seeks to promote sustainable coffee, horticulture and tea sectors in Tanzania. The project is funded by the European Union through the Ministry of Finance and Planning of Tanzania.
The Project Officer reports to the Project Manager. The Project Officer is responsible for the day-to-day design and implementation of the action and project deliverable. S/he is responsible for the coordination of interventions with Partner beneficiaries and related processes to ensure that the projectis delivered in time and produces the desired results within the scope and allocated resource envelope. We are recruiting for one position based in Zanzibar Tanzania
Position in the Organization
The Senior Project Officer reports to the Project Manager. S/he will also be expected to work closely with the national and regional programming team, as well as the regional innovation team.
- Support the preparation of project work plans, budget and time schedules for implementing the project activities.
- Support the identification and planning of technical activities and requirements to implement the project as per organizational standards
Project Implementation Follow-up
- Coordinate and implement day to day project activities with partners and beneficiaries in the field ensuring that technical quality and standards are considered and respected during project(s) implementation.
- Ensure project activities are on time, target, and budget, using effective monitoring and evaluation (M&E) systems to reach desired impacts.
- Assist the Project Manager to troubleshoot any project challenges during project implementation.
- Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to the Project Manager and other team members.
Beneficiary Engagement and Accountability
- Adhere to Solidaridad’s Code of Conduct and treat all beneficiaries with respect and without any distinction or discrimination based on nationality, race, ethnicity, tribe, gender, religious beliefs, political opinion or disability.
- Communicate Solidaridad’s Complaints and Response Mechanism target communities and participate in solving complaints related to the project in coordination with the Project Manager.
- Keep records of all the project activity documents, in a particular beneficiary list, completion certificates, attendance sheets etc.
- Help maintain a beneficiary master database containing all beneficiary registration and baseline information, as well as the project activities from which the beneficiaries benefitted ensure the data is protected from misuse in line with Solidaridad’s data protection policy.
Internal and External Coordination
- Participate in project coordination meetings with the project team.
- Support to the development of project communication materials for internal coordination.
- Ensure that project lead farmers understand and are able to perform their roles and responsibilities.
- Follow up the work plans and day-to-day activities of the lead farmers.
- Ensure a positive working environment and good team dynamics among project team members.
- Undertake communication and liaison activities to actively consult and involve beneficiaries, key informants, actors, partners and stakeholders in all stages of project design and implementation.
- Cultivate good relations with key actors – local, regional, and international, including government authorities and non-government organization actors, through regular attendance at technical meetings, and bilateral meetings.
- Identify opportunities to collaborate and coordinate efforts with other organizations to ensure our activities build upon – rather than replicate – the work of others.
- Provide support to partners in project implementation and ensure timely and qualitative implementation of projects by partners in line with Solidaridad’s and donor requirements.
- Participate in review meetings with partners, with particular attention given to the relationship aspects of partnership collaboration, and ensure that any issues or disputes are resolved in a timely manner.
logistics and Security
- Contribute to the development of project plans (e.g. procurement, logistics etc.), when assigned.
- Send accurate and precise order forms in a timely manner to the quality function team.
- Ensure proper management and use of the project assets and stocks.
- Plan field team movements based on available fleet and applicable policies.
- Ensure that each member of the project field team is aware of security issues, policies, standard operating procedures (SOPs) and they follow them accordingly.
Finance and Quality Control
- Forecast monthly cash requirements for the month’s project activities and submit to the Project Manager.
- Assess the project activities undertaken and ensure efficient use of resources.
- Undertake regular field visits to provide technical guidance and supervision, as well as regularly monitor the progress of the project activities.
- Assist with monitoring project activities implemented by lead farmers and partners (if any).
- Document lessons learned and best practices and share them with the Project Manager and the Regional Communications Officer, so they can be reflected in project planning, communication materials and decision-making.
- Ensure adherence to donor procedures.
- Support the Project Manager in the preparation of progress and final reports, ensuring the quality and accuracy of technical information for activities.
- Participate in communication activities through the regular collection of pictures and stories related to project activities.
- Participate in business development processes through the provision of expert programmatic advice related to contextual knowledge.
Knowledge and Experience
- Relevant academic level education- Undergraduate degree or higher – in relevant field (e.g. Agriculture, Development Studies, Social Science, Project Management, Strategic Management etc.).
- In depth knowledge and experience of the horticulture value chain
- Good knowledge of certification standards i.e. Global Gap, Organic etc
- At least one (1) years’ experience working with projects funded by international agencies or development partners.
- Demonstrable experience in project design, planning and implementation.
- Experience with proposal writing and technical report writing.
- Experience in designing and facilitating workshops and seminars would be desirable.
- Experience in mobilizing, organizing and training producers in various agricultural commodities.
Specific Job Requirements
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team to implement projects and local partners to effectively meet project needs.
- Ability to work effectively with governmental and non-governmental organizations and local communities in carrying out project objectives.
- Excellent reporting writing skills and ability to relate sensitively to diverse groups.
- Self-driven and able to deliver results with minimum supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English and Swahili).
- Excellent critical, creative thinking and analytical skills.
- Experience in program administration, operating procedures, oversight and monitoring.
- Ability to work with database applications.
- Knowledge of project funding procedures and guidelines.
- Ability to work in diverse situations.
- Experience in agriculture value chain for coffee (and other value chains)
- Demonstrate experience in similar position
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates that meet the above qualifications should send their cover letter, CVs and salary expectation to:
Emails: [email protected]
Subject: “Senior Project Officer – TC&B project Zanzibar”