Senior Project Officer – Monitoring and Evaluation at MDH
- Company: MDH
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
POSITION TITLE: Senior Project Officer – Monitoring and Evaluation
LOCATION: Dar es Salaam
REPORTS TO: Senior M & E Manager
Position Summary: The M&E Officer is a self-motivated individual who will be responsible for the monitoring and ensuring high quality and timely achievements of project targets and goals. He/She will be expected to assist Project Managers in ensuring project maintains its strategic vision and that its activities result in the achievement of its intended outputs in a cost effective and timely manner. S/he will work in close collaboration with the project team members in receiving and analyzing program data and monitor performance as well as perform secondary data analysis to identify best performing strategies to inform program team and stakeholders for project improvement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide overall leadership in the statistical analysis of data including data management.
2. Provide coordination of project monitoring and reporting activities.
3. Build capacity of project staff to set a functional groundwork for efficient data collection, compilation and timely reporting at site level.
4. Ensure completeness and comprehensiveness of project routine reports to respond to stakeholders.
5. Perform statistical analysis of data collected from the facilities and assess the progress in achievements of project targets.
6. Develop and implement monitoring and evaluation framework of the project including indicator mapping.
7. Develop and implement SOP for how data for each indicator are to be collected, managed, verified and used at each level of the health information system.
8. Develop and implement a capacity building plan for other technical staff to improve their analysis skills.
9. Participate in developing and implementation of data quality assurance mechanisms.
10. Develop and facilitate implementation of M&E reporting calendar and coordinate reporting activities during reporting period.
11. Prepare qualitative quarterly, semiannual and annual progress reports for MoHCDGEC, partners and donor.
12. Participate in secondary analysis of data and writing conference abstracts and manuscripts for publications and other program use.
13. Carry out any other responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills:
1. A Degree in Medical Science with the Master’s degree in Epidemiology, Biostatistics or other M&E related fields.
2. A minimum of 3 years’ experience in working at M&E and statistical data analysis position especially in HIV care and Treatment settings.
3. Strong writing skills is an advantage.
4. Ability of using either of STATA/ SAS/ R analytical software for data analysis.
5. Additional training in public health will be an added advantage.
6. Previous experience in developing a project including conceptualizing and technical writing.
7. Previous experience in project/ programme planning, designing, implementation and M&E.
8. Ability to work both as individual and as a team with minimum supervision.