Senior Project Administrator at PATH
- Company: PATH
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH’s Center of Digital and Data Excellence (CoDE) is committed to scaling Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in the low and middle-income countries. Our work spans the entire software development lifecycle from analysis of information systems to deployment and long-term use of those systems. The Digital Health team at PATH works with government ministries of health, information and communication technology companies, the global health sector, and donors to improve the design, development, interoperability, and implementation of management information systems.
Digital Square, an initiative within CoDE, is one of PATH’s innovative responses to Global Health challenges to be a driver of change. Conceived from the lessons of the inefficiencies and redundancies of investments in digital technologies—including mistakes made during the Ebola response—the initiative will bring global and regional actors together to create a new way of thinking about, and a new way of doing, development.
PATH is currently recruiting for a Senior Project Administrator (PADM) Officer for its Digital Square’s operations team. The Senior PADM Officer will align operational aspects of Digital Square’s regional and country investments led by local operations teams under Digital Square’s Result Area 3 (R3). S/he will provide guidance to regarding U.S. Government Regulations on Contracts and Cooperative Agreements; ensure financial allowability, allocability, and reasonableness of costs; and provide oversight and guidance to financial management practices.
- Operational Oversight (65%)
- Provide guidance and oversight to PADM and operations teams supporting country-specific activities, ensuring coordination and alignment with Digital Square and PATH strategies, SOPs, and donor requirements
- Closely coordinate with R3 Senior Program Assistant responsible for result area project management
- Ensure R3 Technical leads receive effective operational support for country implementations
- Escalate potential compliance or financial risks to Director and Deputy Director of Operations
- Develop in-depth understanding of PATH policies and procedures as well as donor rules and regulations.
- Act as a liaison between project team and PATH shared services groups, such as Procurement, Human Resources, and Accounting.
- Participate in program development and proposal writing and budgeting, as needed.
- Financial management (20%)
- In coordination with Senior Manager of Operations, review budgets and financial reports prepared by local PADMs and advise teams on long-range budget/planning issues; monitor expenses and budgets; and conduct financial analyses including forecasting and pipelines.
- Liaise with DSQ Finance Officer to manage financial aspects of assigned activities, including (but not limited to) monitoring project expenses against donor and annual budgets, monitoring labor spending against approved budgets, reviewing general ledger transactions for appropriateness and accuracy, and correcting budget and coding problems in a timely manner.
- Contracts management (15%)
- Manage contractual responsibilities for regional, including (but not limited to) requests for application, sub agreements, subcontracts, purchase orders, work orders, and consultant agreements, memorandums of understanding, and secondment agreements.
- Review and authorize subordinate agreement and payment requests and deliverables input into Salesforce by SPA
- Coordinate with the Office of Grants, Contracts, and Legal Affairs to maintain agreement records from initiation to closeout.
- Review and support the development of scopes of work and recommend payment mechanisms.
- Negotiate and monitor subordinate agreements, including complex collaborations with public and private organizations in the US and other countries.
- Using PATH’s best practices and available tools ensure timely receipt of all deliverables, adherence with terms of all agreements, and timely payments to sub-recipients.
- Participate in technical meetings to advice on operations processes and monitor for potential compliance risks.
- Bachelor’s degree required in business administration, public administration, nonprofit management or 5 years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of 2 CFR 200 and USAID regulations required; in depth experience with FAR and knowledge of HHS guidelines preferred.
- Strong organizational skills; high level of attention to detail; effectiveness under deadlines; and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated financial management skills, with experience conducting financial analyses and forecasting.
- Team-focused and collegial with the ability to interact with diverse colleagues and facilitate strong working relationships; adept at working closely with others over geographical distance.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English; diplomacy in communicating with a broad and diverse audience. Facility with French preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software suite, and ability to learn financial systems/software; SharePoint and Salesforce experience preferred.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
- Cover Letter
- CV in reverse chronological format
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Job LocationDar es salaam, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, United Republic ofCompany LocationKenya, Nairobi or Senegal, Dakar or Tanzania, Dar es SalaamPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular
Method of Application
Closing Date : 30th October, 2020.