Senior Programme Officer Zanzibar at Legal Services Facility
- Company: Legal Services Facility
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Zanzibar Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Reports to: Programme Advocacy & Implementation Manager
The applications deadline is Friday, 18th February 2022. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
1.0 Job purposes
The Senior Programs officer will oversee the coordination and administration of all aspects of the ongoing LSF programs in Zanzibar which will include planning, budget, and controlling program activities.
The position holder will support grantees on key issues among others advocacy on gender equality and legal empowerment, access to justice through paralegal work and community prevention mechanisms on gender-based violence while keeping abreast with changing legal aid knowledge and best practice. The role will also provide mentoring and guidance to programme partners.
2.0 Key responsibilities and tasks:
- Coordinate LSF program activities and Capacity development of LSF’s grantees and implementers towards achieving expected results in accordance with the LSF annual strategic plan in Zanzibar.
- Formulation of LSF Annual Plans including, in close collaboration with Programme Advocacy & Implementation Manager, the budget for the Programs in Zanzibar and overseeing proper implementation.
- Plan the delivery of the overall program and its activities, outputs and results in accordance with the Strategic Plan of the LSF.
- Develop new initiatives, innovative approaches to support the strategic direction of the LSF.
- Participates in the development of a program evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the program and to identify areas for improvement
- Develop a program evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the program and to identify areas for improvement.
- Participates in the Development of draft funding proposals for the program to ensure the continuous delivery of services
- Develop draft funding proposals for the program to ensure the continuous delivery of services.
- Organize and participate in programme quarterly review sessions and prepare a report to that effect.
- Participate in monitoring programme implementation progress, ensure adherence to the programme annual work plan, budgets, prepare revisions (if required) and evaluate annual plan performance.
Grant making and management
- Ensure proper grant making and grant management for all LSF implementing partners in Zanzibar with a special view to transparency through proper reporting and result orientation of grantees.
- Propose to Senior Programs Manager proposals for grant award and their rationale.
- Closely monitor the development of costs per case, person reached with legal education.
- Provide proposals ideas and analysis on impact measurement of the LSF interventions e.g. the costs saved by dealing with GBV cases, the benefits generated by securing property rights for women in inheritance cases etc.
- Contribute to regular review of the LSF Strategic Plan and Theory of Change and logical framework.
- Communicate with implementing partners in Zanzibar, clients and other stakeholders to gain community support for the program and to solicit input to improve the program.
- Liaise with other officers to ensure the effective and efficient program delivery
- Coordinate the delivery of services among different program activities to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
- Provide quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports on the program to Senior Programs Manager
- Ensure that the Zanzibar program operate within the approved budget.
- Provide required information to have invoices generated and submitted to Senior Programs Manager according to the established timelines
- Identify and evaluate the risks associated with program activities and take appropriate action to control the risks
- Monitor the program activities on a regular basis and conduct an annual evaluation according to the program evaluation framework.
- Report evaluation findings to Senior Programs Manager and recommend changes to enhance the program, as appropriate.
- Actively represent the LSF in programmatic forums for human rights, forge partnerships with likeminded organisations in order to benefit from expertise and experience available in Zanzibar as well as to avoid duplications of efforts and funding.
- Liaise, together with Senior Programs Manager, with donors, senior level government representatives and other senior level contacts in Zanzibar.
- Be responsible for the Zanzibar Program budget consisting of a budget for grants and capacity development
- Ensure that all program interventions are measurable and be measured against the indicators as mentioned in the LSF logical framework, that all capacity development intervention contributes to increased sustainability of legal aid in Tanzania, measure at least OCA at start and end of capacity development interventions and ensure that LSF grantees and other legal aid providers enter data in the LSF data base, that progress is made to make use of ICT in data collection and that proper data analysis is performed by the LSF.
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs.
University Degree in a related subject (preferably master’s degree) in any social science related field.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Knowledge of programme implementation and management
- Knowledge of legal aid, legal education, human rights awareness creation and legal
- Knowledge on local government structures in Tanzania
- He/she should demonstrate competence on the following:
Creativity, strategic, innovative and analytical thinker with the ability to manage multiple
- Must be highly organized and able to work well with others
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills in both Kiswahili and English
- Focus on Client centered approaches and the ability to respond to the community needs.
- Foster teamwork and ability to work with others in setting goals and making decisions.
- A minimum of 4 years relevant experience in programme management
- Demonstrated experience in programme planning, monitoring and coordination of CSOs
- particularly those working with provision of legal aid and its stakeholders.
Female applicants and qualified applicants are especially encouraged to apply
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 18th February , 2022.