Senior Programme Officer-Capacity Building and Research at TGNP
- Company: TGNP
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
TGNP has been in existence since 1993, during which time it has built itself into a leading member of the women feminist movement for social gender transformation and women empowerment within Tanzanian, Africa and beyond. Its overall goal is to contribute to increased gender responsiveness of policy formulation and implementation of various policies. The approach of the organization is enhancing strategic linkages, networking and coalition building among like-minded civil society organizations, grassroots groups and key networks and coalitions. Over the years, TGNP has made a substantial contribution towards developing a critical mass of organized civil society with the capacity to critically analyze and stimulate public debate, and to carry out activism and collective action on pertinent social, cultural, political and economic development issues.
To adequately fulfil its mandate and in line with the expansion of organizational activities in the country, TGNP is inviting applications from suitably qualified and self-motivated Tanzanians of high personal integrity to apply for the vacant positions existing within the organization:
A. General Responsibilities
The Senior Programme Officer-Capacity Building and Research will be responsible for coordinating project (s) focusing on Training and Capacity Building, Research and Analyses for increasing the number of competent animators and add to the body of knowledge on Gender and Feminism. Further, the incumbent will ensure desired project outcome is attained which include
- Coordinate project schedule, the budget and the issues and risks of the project in line with organizational and donor/project requirements,
- Responsible for overall supervision of the project activities,
- Design and executes project work plans to meet the goals and objective of the project,
- Identifies resources needed and assigns individual
B. Specific responsibilities
- Provide overall technical and operations leadership in the project while ensuring networking with project beneficiaries and other stakeholders., actors in the communities in the project
- Project(s) management in accordance with project documents, work plans and budgets and ensure that work is consistent with project goal.
- Link with the Finance team to ensure compliance with financial reporting requirements and ensure adherence to the relevant TGNP and procurement policies.
Provide leadership, expert guidance, support and motivation to the team.
- Coordinate project(s) management meetings and ensure adherence to work plans to ensure project(s)
- Manage donor and other partners’
- Any other tasks as assigned by the Executive
C. Key Qualification and experience
This position requires an experienced person with strong background and high competence in Training and Capacity Building (Facilitation, Familiar with Participatory and Animation methodologies) and Research and Analysis (Familiar with Gender Analysis, Participatory Action Research, and other research methodologies). Should also have expertise in budgeting, reporting, work planning, line and project(s) management. Experience working with both the non-governmental organization, rural communities, private and public sector is a necessary requirement.
A minimum of bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or Education with a minimum experience of four
(4) years of relevant work experience.
- Gender and feminist analysis
- Curriculum and training materials development
- Coaching and mentoring ability to existing and potential women leaders especially in rural
- Good communication and interpersonal skills capable of maintaining strong
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving
- Critical thinker with attention to details.
- Team-management and leadership
- Fluent in both Kiswahili and English (including writing skills in both languages)
- Good organizational skills, coaching ability and analytical
All positions advertised carries attractive remuneration for the right candidate.
Method of ApplicationAll applications supported by CV, a statement of not more than three pages on your experience related to the job you are seeking, and why you want to work in this position; two reference letters and supporting documents to be submitted within seven (7) days from date of first appearance of this advertisement which is 16th July 2021.
The organization is an equal opportunity employer. However, women and youth are highly encouraged to apply. Applications should be addressed to:
The Executive Director,
Tanzania Gender Networking Programme,
P.O. Box 8921,
Dar es Salaam.
E-Mail: [email protected]
Note: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
For more information about TGNP visit our website: www.tgnp.or.tz
The deadline for submitting the application is 24 July 2021.