Senior Program Specialist (Teaching & Learning Specialist) at Research Triangle Institute (RTI)
- Company: Research Triangle Institute (RTI)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Position: Senior Program Specialist (Teaching and Learning Specialist)
The overall responsibility of Teaching and Learning Specialist (TLS) is to provide capacity building to Government counterparts at the at the regional level to plan and manage teacher education and support. Also responsible for contributing to content development for in-service teacher training and teacher Continuous Professional Development with a focus on pre-primary instruction, formative assessment integrated with literacy and numeracy, and content for promoting social emotional instruction by teachers and inclusive education. I addition the TLS is responsible for supporting Ubongo to promote reading skills practice outside of school.
- Regional Lead for Outcome 1: Improved literacy, numeracy, and social-emotional instruction by teachers.
- Build the capacity of Regional Secretariat (RS) and Local Government Authorities (LGAs) to plan and implement the delivery of three face-to-face teacher training activities, Communities of Learning, coaching and virtual content support for continuous professional development.
- Coordinate with REO office to facilitate training at regional and LGA levels.
- Support Regional and LGA Education offices to extend formative assessment and implement summative assessments to be included in the School Information System (SIS).
- Support Regional and LGA Education offices in rolling out pre-primary teacher training.
- Support Regional and LGA Education offices in rolling out to teachers’ social emotional instruction training.
- Contribute to the writing of scripts for virtual CPD content for supporting communities of learning discussions and practices.
- In collaboration with the MEL officer, Regional and LGA Education offices, participate in collecting and sharing learning data to inform the program.
- In collaboration with the MEL officer support Regional and LGA Education offices to monitor the implementation of Viamo virtual CPD content.
- In collaboration with the Community and School Inclusive Education officer and with Regional and LGA Education offices, facilitate Ubongo delivery of reading content to communities.
- Communicate successes, lessons learnt, program best practice and evidence of impact.
- Ensure a gender-positive and quality-oriented perspective is mainstreamed and gender sensitive language is used in all program communications.
- More generally: provide administrative and logistics support to the implementation of regional activities.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Education with 10 years of relevant experience. Or Master’s Degree with 6 years’ experience
- Relevant experience in development, including education reform, teacher training, coaching and mentoring, literacy and research.
- Experience and proven ability to build and maintain relationships with government counterparts and other stakeholders.
- Knowledge of communication tools used for development.
- Proven ability to work across geographic and cultural boundaries.
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English and Kiswahili
- Provide administrative and logistics support to the implementation of regional activities.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 20th February , 2022.