Senior Program Specialist 1 at RTI
- Company: RTI
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Jifunze Uelewe Activity is a five-year project funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) focused on sustainably improving literacy and numeracy outcomes of “all learners” from pre-primary through Standard 4 in five regions of Tanzania mainland and Zanzibar. For the purpose of this program, “all learners” includes, but is not limited to, marginalized and vulnerable girls and boys, learners with disabilities, minority and linguistic minority groups, urban and rural learners, learners affected by crisis or conflict, and those living in poverty.
RTI seeks a Teaching and Learning Specialist who will provide capacity building to Government counterparts at the regional level to plan and manage teacher education and support. Also responsible for contributing to content development for in-service teacher training and teacher Continuous Professional Development with a focus on pre-primary instruction, formative assessment integrated with literacy and numeracy, and content for promoting social emotional instruction by teachers and inclusive education. In addition the TLS is responsible for supporting Ubongo to promote reading skills practice outside of school.
- Regional Lead for Outcome 1: Improved literacy, numeracy, and social-emotional instruction by teachers
- Build the capacity of Zanzibar Institute of Education (ZIE) and Department of Teacher Education (DTE) to plan and implement the delivery of face-to-face teacher training activities, Communities of Learning, coaching and virtual content support for Continuous Professional Development.
- Coordinate with Department of Teacher Education to facilitate training at the Teacher Center (TC) level.
- Support Department of Planning Policy and Research (DPPR) and ICT in Education to extend formative assessment and implement summative assessments to be included in the School Information System (SIS).
- Support Department of Teacher Education (DTE) and Teacher Centers (TCs) in rolling out in-service teacher trainings
- Contribute to the writing of scripts for virtual CPD content for supporting communities of learning discussions and practices.
- In collaboration with the MEL officer, Office of Chief Education Inspector, Department of Teacher Education and District Education offices, participate in collecting and sharing learning data to inform the program.
- In collaboration with the MEL officer support Department of Teacher Education and District Education offices to monitor the implementation of Viamo virtual CPD content.
- In collaboration with the Community and School Inclusive Education officer, Department of Pre & Primary Education and LGA Education offices, facilitate Ubongo delivery of reading content to communities.
- Communicate successes, lessons learnt, program best practice and evidence of impact.
- Ensure a gender-positive and quality-oriented perspective is mainstreamed and gender sensitive language is used in all program communications.
- More generally: provide administrative and logistics support to the implementation of regional activities.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Education with 10 years of relevant experience. Or Master’s Degree with 6 years’ experience.
Skills & Abilities:
- Relevant experience in development, including education reform, teacher training, coaching and mentoring, literacy, Numeracy and research.
- Experience and proven ability to build and maintain relationships with government counterparts and other stakeholders.
- Knowledge of communication tools used for development.
- Proven ability to work across geographic and cultural boundaries.
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English and Kiswahili
- Provide administrative and logistics support to the implementation of District and TC activities.
EEO & Pay Equity Statements
As a global employer of choice, RTI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging in the workplace and the communities and markets where we serve our mission. We value diversity of thought, culture, background and perspective and welcome applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, creed, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws or RTI policy.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further information is available here.
RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition. Clients rely on us to answer questions that demand an objective and multidisciplinary approach and one that integrates expertise across the social and laboratory sciences, engineering, and international development. We believe in the promise of science, and we are inspired every day to deliver on that promise for the good of people, communities, and businesses around the world. For more information, visit www.rti.org.
For USA Job Postings Only: RTI participates in the US Government E-Verify program. Further information regarding the E-Verify program and laws that are designed to protect you against discrimination relating to your legal right to work in the US can be found here.
For San Francisco, CA USA Job Postings Only: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Further information is available here.
The anticipated pay range for this role is listed below. Our pay ranges represent national averages and may vary by location as a geographic differential may be applied to some locations within the United States.
RTI considers multiple factors when making an offer including, for example: established salary range, internal budget, business needs, and education and years of work experience possessed by the applicant. Further, salary is merely one element to our offer.
At RTI, we demonstrate our commitment to rewarding individual and team achievement through a total rewards package. This package includes (among other things) a competitive base salary, a generous paid time off policy, merit based annual increases, bonus opportunities and a robust recognition program. Other benefits include a competitive range of insurance plans (including health, dental, life, and short-term and long-term disability), access to a retirement savings program such as a 401(k) plan, paid parental leave for all parents, financial assistance with adoption expenses or infertility treatments, financial reimbursement for education and developmental opportunities, an employee assistance program, and numerous other offerings to support a healthy work-life balance
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th November, 2022.