Senior Program Officer- Feminist Movement Building and Partnership Building at WFT-Trust
- Company: WFT-Trust
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
WFT-Trust is the first and only women’s rights fund in Tanzania that has been in existence since 2008 and has been at the forefront championing gender equality, equity and women and girls’ rights through a funding mechanism that features strong capacity enhancement, strengthening linkages and collaboration among women’s rights organizations and mobilising resources. WFT -Trust is seeking to engage women, especially young feminists in different job positions to be based in Dar Es Salaam Headquarters.
Are you passionate about doing your work differently?
Do you have an understanding of feminist approaches to delivering substantive changes for women girls and children’s rights in Tanzania? Will you bring feminist lens and thought leadership in your position of work and less traditional approaches that will contribute to movement building processes with an empowering agenda of change? Are you in sync with the roles of women rights organizations and their movements in different sectors and across sectors, and an interplay of empowering mechanisms employed to delivering their work?
We are looking for you! To contribute in achieving the mission and vision of WFT-Trust and its impact on gender equality and women empowerment from the grassroot to the national level.
Job Title: Senior Program Officer- Feminist Movement Building and Partnership Building Functionally Reports to: Head of Program
The Senior program officer- Feminist Movement Building and Partnership Building provides conceptual leadership in strengthening and promoting our organizational feminist strategies and approaches in women and girls’ transformation, collective voice and action for changes at various levels including: policies, legal, structures, negative cultural and public discourses and narratives meant for disempowering women and girls in Tanzania. The position plays an exciting and pivotal role in the execution of WFT-T’s mission and the attainment of its vision through strengthening of strategic alliances and links between women’s rights organizations and women’s movement (s) in Tanzania and beyond for collective reflection, strategizing and taking action in achieving women’ and girl’s rights.
The position is also responsible for leading initiatives that support and sustain feminist movement building in Tanzania, which includes organizing and supporting WFT-T’s role as a convener and thought leader, develop advocacy resources, coordinating networks, coalitions and bringing together diverse actors to form strategic alliances built on the foundations of inclusion, diversification and intersectionality.
- Support WFT-Trust staff, Board members, Women Rights Organizations (WRSOs), grantee partners to enhance their feminist conceptual clarity and technical inputs through putting in place effective mechanisms for joint learning, experience sharing and peer support.
- Strategically support WROs and grantee partners to position feminist approaches at the center of their programming design based on intersectional, inclusivity and intergenerational approaches to ensure robust feminist movement building processes are implemented.
- Study and analyze the social economic political context and produce position papers to support WROs, and grantee partners to articulate and advocate for women and children rights based on empirical evidence.
- Build and maintain collaborative relationship with governance and coordination structures that affects rights of women’s, their political and social participation and inclusion in the broader women rights’ spheres across the country.
- Connecting women rights organizations with each other and cross-border social justice movements in fostering solidarity, activist mobilizing and collective decision making.
- Contribute to the further growth of an effective body of knowledge and analysis in feminism and women’s rights issues in Tanzania and beyond.
- Support development and implementation of collective care, activist wellbeing and emotional/ mental health program work and activities within WFT-Trust and grantee partners.
Strategic Alliance and Linkages
- Play a (pro) active role in linking up with other Women funds and like-minded social justice organizations and networks in Tanzania and beyond through active participation, organizing for joint action and learning.
- Provide leadership in strengthening feminist strategies and approaches in women empowerment, collective strategizing, and decision making for the enhancement of women’s and girls’ rights.
- Representing WFT-Trust in key external engagements and foster mutually beneficial linkages and networks in policy and advocacy spaces, feminism, and collaborate with donors, social movements and allies.
Knowledge Management and Advocacy
- Working closely with the coalitions and wider women movement actors to produce feminist conscious information for internal and external use, support feminist analysis, advocacy and documentation for increased women transformative empowerment, advocacy and agency.
- Work closely with the Grants and Communications programs to produce feminist-based information and analysis about grant making and grants managed in relation to movement building
- Raise the visibility of WFT-Trust through convening and information sessions in liaison with the Communication team
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5 years of work experience, in a similar role in a nonprofit organization and exposed to feminist either by research, training or organizing social justice work
- Bachelor degree in social sciences studies women/gender and feminism studies or another relevant field. Master’s degree in similar field will be an added advantage
- Demonstrated experience, knowledge, and skills in feminist organizing and movement building, as well as how to build a community of practice through partnership building.
- Strong communications experience and passionate on feminism, women and girls’ rights and social justice agenda
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Kiswahili, including presentation skills.
- A keen analytic, with an eye for detail and good problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to motivate and inspire a team.
Remuneration will be in line with the set staff scheme of work of the organization which considers the experience and qualifications of the candidate.
Method of ApplicationInterested applicants should send their application letter accompanied by resume with names and addresses of 3 professional referees (including telephone and e-mail) Applications are by e-mails only, sent to: [email protected]
Please indicate on the subject line the position you are applying for, Deadline for submission of applications is on 30th June 2022
Please note: Only complete applications will be reviewed and only candidates who have been selected for interview will be contacted. Young feminist women & women living with disability are encouraged to apply.
WFT-Trust is an equal opportunity employer and has a Zero Tolerance policy to all forms of Corruption including sexual corruption, sexual exploitation, abuse, harassment and discrimination.