Senior Program Officer at Norwegian Church Aid (NCA)
- Company: Norwegian Church Aid (NCA
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Senior Program Officer – Haydom Lutheran Hospital Dares Salaam
From 2015 Norwegian Church Aid (NCA) has been managing a Norwegian government grant for Haydom Lutheran Hospital (HLH)in Manyara Region. Currently NCA is managing the 2 years grant agreement with Norad running between 2023 – 2024. The overall goal of the grant is to sustain the quality, accessibility, and affordability of health care services to the communities served by HLH whilst supporting the hospital to transition toward institutional and financial sustainability. In addition to grants management, NCA is supporting the hospital with capacity development in the following areas: a) Hospital leadership and management, b) Health Sector Policy Advocacy, c) Hospital governance reform, d) Clinical services monitoring and e) Replication of HLH innovations in Safer Births in the catchment area, nationally and to other relevant NCA Country Programs in Africa. To deliver on these sub-project priorities, NCA facilitates support from relevant experts and networks. This includes, but is not limited to, support from Christian Social Service Commission (CSSC).
NCA is looking for a structured and result oriented person with very good programme management skills and working experience in health systems management, health financing and health facility sustainability in Tanzania. Some knowledge of social protection and gender programming is an advantage. The selected candidate will coordinate implementation of the Norad grant agreement and facilitate implementation of the sub-project agreement between HLH and NCA for the year 2023-2024.
- Programme Advisor: Provide support to HLH to secure efficient programme implementation. Review programme plans, develop proposals and budgets, and carry out project implementation support, monitoring and report writing. The focus of the programmatic intervention in 2023-2024 is in measurable enhancement of HLH financial sustainability.
- Health financing advocacy: Facilitate HLH to do effective advocacy towards Tanzanian authorities, including advising and equipping NCA with relevant information to facilitate advocacy with relevant Norwegian stakeholders.
- Cooperation: Strengthen networking and partnerships in support of HLH with relevant stakeholders including organising and participating in relevant arenas for dialogue, learning and establishing working partnerships inclusive of relevant Government of Tanzania authorities, the Norwegian Embassy in Dar es Salaam and relevant government authorities.
- Communication: Advise HLH on communication strategy and content, particularly to enable HLH financial sustainability as well as promote visibility of HLH work and brand.
- Resource Mobilisation: Support HLH in resource mobilization efforts, locally and internationally. Including seeking opportunities through networks, forums, and collaborations, with potential partners.
- Support HLH digital systems development and governance
The selected candidate must be available for travel on short notice and travel between 70-90 days per year primarily to Haydom Lutheran Hospital in Manyara.
Qualifications and working experience
- Tanzanian national with a master’s degree in health management, Business Development, Project Management, Administration, or related, relevant topics from a recognized learning institution.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant management experience from public health, or International Health NGO in Tanzania. Knowledge and understanding of health systems and health financing in Tanzania is a requirement. International experience and knowledge of health sector donors in Tanzania is an advantage.
- Skills in developing Funding proposals and funds raising concepts and papers Experience in advocacy on health or social protection policy in Tanzania
- Good knowledge of the health sector and centres of excellence, which can provide relevant capacity development, training, or support services to HLH.
- Experience with faith-based social services is an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written, English and Swahili).
- Confident user of MS Office (incl. Excel and Power Point).
- Timely deliveries and good time management are expected.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural setting and to interrelate with relevant stakeholders both at the national and sub-national levels. Professional interaction with NCA head office in Norway and relevant country offices in Africa is expected.
Systematic, structured and result oriented Energetic and enterprising
Team player with good collaboration skills with flexibility to adapt to changing environment Ability to train and build capacity
Good people skills, including relationship building with donors
The person who is to be employed has to be loyal to Norwegian Church Aid’s Christian values
Duty Station and Remuneration
The duty station is Mikocheni, Dar es Salaam.
An attractive compensation package based on performance and consummate with the responsibility will apply to the successful candidate.
Method of ApplicationPlease submit your application to the address [email protected]. Only electronic applications are considered. In the subject line of your email, please state clearly which position you apply for. The application should consist of a brief motivation letter and CV, compiled into one document of maximum 4 pages. The document name should start with your name and include the position you apply for. Certificates are not of interest at this stage but should be brought to 2nd round of interviews. Applications failing to meet these requirements or sent to other email addresses will not be considered. If you do not hearfrom us, please consider your application unsuccessful. Norwegian Church Aid (NCA) reserves the right not to make an appointment/contact.
Application deadline is 25th August 2023.