Senior Procurement Officer I at State Mining Corporation (STAMICO)
- Company: State Mining Corporation (STAMICO)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dodoma Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
The State Mining Corporation (STAMICO) is a state-owned entity established in 1972 under the Public Corporation Act, 1969 through the State Mining Corporation Establishment Order No. 163 of 1972 as amended by GN. 171 of 2015. The Corporation is responsible for investing in the mining sector through the entire mineral value chain from mineral prospecting, mining, processing and mineral trading. The Corporation operates mines and provides services in management of mining, drilling, environment and other related business. It is also responsible for supporting small scale mining sector in Tanzania.
STAMICO is purely commercial entity which operates in business norms on equal competitive environment along with private companies. In order to effectively and efficiently discharge its mandate, the Corporation wishes to advertise Transfer Vacancies from suitably qualified Tanzania Public Servants who wish to be transferred to STAMICO as follows:-
SENIOR PROCUREMENT OFFICER I (1 Post)
Required Qualifications and Experience
Holder of Bachelor degree in one of the following fields; Procurement and Supplies Management, Materials Management, Commerce/ Business Administration (Majoring in Procurement and Supplies Management), Logistics Management and any other related field from recognized institution with at least 10 years working experience in relevant field. Must be registered by PSPTB as an Approved Procurement and Supplies Professional with computer literacy.
Duties and responsibilities
- To analyze purchases and undertakes subsequent purchasing process of approved requisitions; assessment for small scale miners;
- To prepare summaries on actual and plans of environmental management of the mines;
- To recommend steps to be taken against mines that fail to implement sound environmental management practices;
- To develop individual objectives or targets and performance standards as part of individual performance agreement in consultation with the immediate supervisor; and
- To perform other related duties as assigned by immediate Supervisor.
Remuneration Salary Scale: SMC 5.1
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) with certified certificates. Results slips and provisional results are strictly not accepted.
- Applicants must be Public Servants and shall channel their application through their respective employers.
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies must be certified by appropriate body (NECTA, NACTVET or TCU).
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
- Applicants should indicate their willingness to cover the transfer cost.
Method of ApplicationInterested applicants must submit their application to [email protected] not later than 11 February 2024.
State Mining Corporation,
Mirembe Road. Hazina Plot No. 173, Block ‘W’.
P.O. BOX 981,