Senior Procurement Officer at GEUWASA
- Company: GEUWASA
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Morogoro Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Tanzania
Geita Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (GEUWASA) is Semi-Autonomous Government Agency operating under the Ministry of Water. It was declared water board on 29th May 2002 by the Minister responsible for water and published in the Government notice 258 on 20th June 2002 in accordance with the water works act, Cap 272 to operate and manage water supply and sanitation service in Geita town.
In order to attain GEUWASA Vision and Mission, GEUWASA is seeking to recruit dynamic, experienced, competent and qualified performance driven Tanzanians male and Female to fill in an excellent career opportunity of:
SENIOR PROCUREMENT OFFICER (1 POST)
REPORTING TO: MANAGING DIRECTOR
KEY RESULT AREA: responsible for providing expertise and services in procurement of goods, works, consultancy and non-consultancy services for the Authority.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all procurement matters pertaining to procurement of goods, works, consultancy and non-consultancy services for the Authority;
- Advise the Authority on matters related to procurement of goods, works, consultancy, non-consultancy services and logistics management in accordance with Public Procurement Act and its Regulations;
- Manage the human resources of the Unit in accordance with Authority’s regulations, in particular their deployment, discipline, appraisal, training or career development and welfare;
- Plan for the Unit and manage activities in accordance with the approved budget;
- Prepare internal procurement and logistics policies, rules and regulations procedures and standards forthe control of the Authority;
- Develop and implement an annual procurement plan for the Authority in collaboration with all Managers and units and present to the Board;
- Manage the procurement and logistical functions of the Authority and ensure an effective procurement process is implemented and maintained in accordance with government policies and procedures and compliant with applicable legislative;
- Provide secretariat services to the Tender Board as per Public Procurement Act;
- Provide professional guidance on setting up of specifications and standards for goods and services to be procured in liaison with the user Directorates or units and ensure value for money;
- Recommend to MD ad-hoc evaluation committees and define their roles and responsibilities in accordance with the requirements of applicable legislative;
- Manage performance and conduct performance appraisals; and
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned by the MD.
Qualifications Required, Competency:
- A holder of Bachelor degree in procurement and logistics, commerce or related field from a recognized institution.
- Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- Must have acquired CPSP and must be registered PSPTB. The candidate must have at least seven (5) years working experience at managerial position in the field of procurement management and must be ICT literate with interpersonal communication skills.
- This vacancy carry an attractive competitive package
GENERAL CONDITIONS FOR APPLICANTS
All applications should be in written form and have to be enclosed with the following documents:
- All applicants must be citizen of Tanzania.
- Two recent passport size picture should be attached
- The Curriculum Vitae (CV) must incorporate all contacts telephone numbers, mobile box numbers, e-mail and physical addresses.
- Cover letter of the applicants should contain the strength of information given in the advertisement
- FORM IV AND VI RESULTS SLIPS ARE STRICTLY NOT ACCEPTED
- Testimonials, partial transcript and result slips will NOT be accepted.
- Certificates from foreign examinations bodies, colleges or University should be verified by NECTA, NACTE orTCU.
- Certified copies of certificates of Form IV, VI, University degree, Academic Transcript and Birth Certificate.
- Full names and detailed address of three referees (Address should include Mobile Phone, email address and postal address).
- Application letter should be written in English
- Applicants with special needs/ case (disability) are supposed to indicate.
- Applicants who will submit fraudulent documents will be subjected to criminal proceedings.
In addition to the qualifications mentioned, the incumbent is expected to possess the following traits
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly intelligent and ability to adopt to changes quickly
- Capacity to work under teamwork spirit, establish and maintain effective working relations with different people and stakeholder
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
Method of Application
All applications should be sent to GEUWASA Office and be addressed to:
The Managing Director,
Geita Urban Water and Sanitation Authority,
- ALL APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SENT BEFORE 17th September 2020.
NB: ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES (WHO MEET THE REQUIREMENTS) WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW, AND THOSE WHO WILL NOT HEAR FROM US SHOULD CONSIDER THEMSELVES AS UN SUCCESSFUL.