Senior Policy Officer – Political & Legal Matters (AUABC) at African Union
- Company: African Union
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Location: Tanzania, Tanzania
Organization: African Union
• Respect for Diversity and TeamWork • Think Africa Above all
• Transparency and Accountability • Integrity and Impartiality
• Efficiency and Professionalism • Information and Knowledge Sharing
Reports to: Executive Secretary of the African Union Advisory Board against Corruption
Directorate/Department: African Union Advisory Board against Corruption
Division: African Union Advisory Board against Corruption
Number of Direct Reports: 0
Number of Indirect Reports: 0
Number of Positions: 1
Job Grade: P3
Contract Type: Regular
Location: Arusha, Tanzania
Purpose of Job
The African Union Advisory Board against Corruption (AUABC) is an autonomous organ of the African Union that was established in terms of Article 22 of the African Union Convention on Preventing and Combating Corruption (AUCPCC).
The main mandate of the Board is to promote and encourage the adoption of measures and actions by State Parties to prevent, detect, punish and eradicate corruption and related offences in Africa as well as to follow-up on the application of those measures and submit a report to the Executive Council on a regular basis on the progress made by each State Party in complying with the provisions of the Convention.
In seeking to achieve these objectives, the African Union Commission invites qualified and competent applicants who are citizens of the African Union Member States to submit their applications for the position of Senior Policy Officer- Political & Legal Matters attainable at the AUABC located in Arusha, Tanzania.
The Secretariat of the Board is mainly in charge of providing substantive technical, professional, administrative and logistical support to the Board.
• Provide intellectual and analytical input to advance the work of the African Union Advisory Board against Corruption, as well as enhancing the role of civil society in governance processes, local governance and corporate issues;
• Assist in developing and maintaining appropriate working relations with AU Organs and partners of the African Union on issues relating to the fight against corruption and good governance;
• Advise governmental authorities, the African Union and other national and international organizations in preventing and combating corruption;
• Conceive and organize seminars, workshops and other related activities in the field of governance and combating corruption with various stakeholders;
• Draft speeches, talking points, report activities and specific missions;
• Provide advice on democracy, rule of law and good governance issues, including providing input into official communications, statements and other documents;
• Liaise with AU Regional Offices on democracy and good governance issues; and
• Perform any other relevant tasks assigned by supervisor.
• Contribute to enhanced legal framework to combat corruption through State Party Reviews as well as spearheading activities under the African Anti-Corruption Methodology and Tool;
• Contribute to strengthened capacity of State Parties to combat corruption by conducting capacity building programmes with National Anti-Corruption Agencies;
• Contribute to enhanced outreach and activities through commemoration of the African Anti-Corruption Day; and
• Serve as Focal Point Person on the African Governance Architecture Platform activities.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
• University Masters’ Degree in International Relations, Law, Public Administration, Human Rights, Diplomacy and/or related fields, with at least seven (7) years of relevant working experience in the area of International Relations, Law, Public Administration, Human Rights, Good Governance, Diplomacy and the fight against corruption, out of which three (3) years at supervisory level
• University Bachelor Degree in the above-mentioned areas of study, with at least ten (10) years of relevant work experience in International Relations, Law, Public Administration, Human Rights, Good Governance, Diplomacy and the fight against corruption, out of which three (3) years should be at supervisory level.
• Computer literate;
• Excellent drafting and reporting skills;
• Good communication and negotiating skills;
• Good knowledge of policy analysis, programme management, implementation and monitoring;
• Good planning and organizational skills;
• Ability to work under pressure and to act with discretion in a politically sensitive and multi-cultural environment;
• Excellent interpersonal skills or social capital
Strategic Insight ….
Foster Accountability Culture:
Communicating with Influence ….
Job Knowledge and Information Sharing ….
Drive for Result ….
Continuous Improvement Orientation:
TENURE OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantage
Indicative basic salary of US$ 37,453.00 (P3 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment (42% of basic salary), a Housing allowance of US$ 19,530.00 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
Applications must be made not later than February 13, 2023.
Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered.
The Africa Union is an equal opportunity employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Requisition ID: 1578
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th January, 2023.