Senior Personal Secretary To The Speaker Of East African Legislative Assembly at The East African Community (EAC)
- Company: The East African Community (EAC)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Department: Office of the Clerk
Responsible to: Speaker
Main purpose of the job :
To manage the office of the Speaker and on the basis thereof, provide effective and efficient secretarial and office management services.Duties and Responsibilities :
- Provide secretarial and administrative assistance to the Speaker.
- Receive, refer and direct visitors appropriately.
- Maintain office diary and draft responses to some correspondences as agreed with Speaker.
- Maintain an effective work relationship with internal workers/employees, professionals and the general public.
- Maintain an up to date diary.
- Arrange appointments and meetings as appropriate.
- Create and maintain appropriate records and filing sub-system.
- In liaison with the Registry, handle incoming and outgoing correspondence.
- Arrange for Agendas and programmes for meetings
- Take and transcribe dictation.
- Draft correspondence, memoranda etc.
- Promote a positive corporate culture and image of the EAC.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma in Secretarial Studies or equivalent. Skills in typing of at least 60 wpm, and Shorthand speed of 100 wpm.10 years of experience management a busy office at senior level.
Skills and Competencies:
- Proficiency in secretarial work; computing skills, knowledge of work processing and computer database programmers, administrative skills, basic accounting skills, customer care, public relations, front desk management, ability to take dictations; good command of Business English and Office practices
Eligibility for applications:
Only Applicants from the Republic of Rwanda, Burundi and South Sudan are eligible to apply for the above position.
Terms and Conditions of Service:
The above position is tenable for a contract of five (5) years renewable .
This position is subject to the application of the Quota System .
The established posts offer attractive fringe benefits including housing allowance, transport allowance, education allowance, a medical scheme, and insurance cover.
All candidates applying must have qualifications that are recognized by the relevant national accreditation body in their respective Partner State. This condition is applicable for locally and internationally attained qualifications.All professions that require registration with specific professional bodies will be expected to be in compliance with such requirements .
Method of Application
- Fill in the application form attached (download from here);
- attach their application letter, a detailed CV, Copies of certified academic certificates, and a copy of National Identity Card or Passport in PDF format scanned in one (1) file.
- Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope.
- For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
- have EAC application form;
- indicate nationality and age;
- have the reference number;
- or have an application letter attached;
- have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates;
- or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
East African Community,
P. o Box 1096,
Arusha - Tanzania.
Tel: +255 27 2162100
Fax: +255 27 2162190
E-mail: [email protected]
Website : www.eac.int