Senior Operation Officer at Good Neighbors
- Company: Good Neighbors
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Mwanza Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
|Good Neighbors Tanzania Mwanza Area Office|
|Job Re- Advertisement- Senior Operation OfficerTerms of Reference|
Good Neighbors is an international humanitarian development NGO founded in Korea in 1991. It was granted General Consultative Status from the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC). The aim is to make the world a place without hunger, where people live together in harmony. In Tanzania it was officially established in 2005 and our efforts work towards creating an environment where children’s rights are protected and sustainable development of communities through empowerment, leadership and ownership.
Good Neighbors Tanzania Mwanza Area Office (GNTZ-MAO) launched its operation since 2009. GNTZ-MAO is implementing a three (3) years (2023-2025) phase II KOICA project which aims at promoting Optimal Growth and Development in Primary Schools Students through building a healthy environment on Kome Island. The project is implementing the school feeding program, Micronutrient Supplementation to school aged children, Construction of Water Facilities, School Toilets, Hygiene Promotion, Mass Drug Administration, and awareness campaigns as per below:
|Project Name||“Promoting Optimal Growth and Development in School-Age Children Through Building a Healthy Environment on Kome Island, Tanzania.”|
|Beneficiaries||16,091 students from 13 government owned primary schools|
|Objectives/Outcomes||a) Strengthened health services and enhanced nutritional status through school meal program, Micronutrient Supplementation and Strengthen the capacity of School Management Committee Members.b) Prevention of parasitic infections and promotion of healthy growth through construction of water facility projects, Strengthen the capacity of WASH committee members, Toilet construction and Mass Drug Administration.
c) Increased awareness and behavioral change in local communities through Advocacy Campaigns.
|Project Area||Kome Island, Buchosa District Council, Mwanza Tanzania|
Good Neighbors Tanzania is looking for individuals to join our highly motivated team in the following role;
- Position: Senior Operation Officer (1 Post)
- Reports to: Operation Assistant Manager
- Location: Mwanza Area Office
- Contract Duration: 1 year (renewable during project period, contract extension is subject to funding availability, employee performance or/and mutual agreement).
- Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Operation Officer will oversee, supervise and provide strategic oversight and coordination for WASH advocacy and WASH construction works which includes program development, planning, implementation, monitoring, resource mobilization, and networking, coordinating with donors and partners.
Project Planning and Implementation
- Organise KOICA project planning, implementation and reporting of the progress of project activities (construction infrastructures, Water Supply Facilities, Sanitation, Hygiene and Management of Water user committees).
- Participate in the preparation of overall work plan, activity plans and budget Requests and Final Spending Summaries for construction works and WASH activities.
- Be responsible/ support for the design, establishment of work specifications and quotation, follow-up and evaluation of activities related to the construction of WASH infrastructures in primary schools and communities, such as: Construction of Water Project or rehabilitation of water water wells and sanitation facilities (School Toilets).
- Assist in preparation of WASH implementation plans or proposals for possible funding.
Technical Support and Capacity Building
- Make sure that all required preparations are in place for technical estimates, design, and resource management plan, prepare bid documents and support the project team for the bid selection
- Work with the construction consultant and the management team to establish the technical aspects of the development of TORs, designs and tender documents for the construction of water facilities and WASH facilities.
- Work with the construction consultant and District Engineer to Validate the progress and quality of work of the contractors, and make the connection with the administration and logistics to ensure their payments
- Provide on-site technical assistance to staff, contractors or service providers, and beneficiaries during the process of implementation, including management of construction activities;
- Technical training of members of WASH committees, Community Development Committee Members (CDCs) and governmental staff
M &E, Reporting and Documentation
- Supervise and Monitor WASH and Construction interventions in strict adherence to KOICA guideline and Tanzania government.
- Track and prepare monthly, bi-annual and annual progress reports of activities relate to project indicators; including documentation of key lessons learnt and success stories.
- Supervision of the construction processes of different water infrastructures to their successful completion and acquisition and interpretation of the Water Test Reports.
Advocacy, Engagement, Partnership and Networking
- Planning, Organisation and follow up of the community mobilization in target communities on issues related to construction, operation and maintenance of WASH facilities.
- Coordinate WASH construction activities with other sectors of Good Neighbors Mwanza Area, in order to integrate activities in the same geographical area and for the same beneficiaries.
- Work closely with relevant Regional/district departments and RUWASA to share relevant information
Qualification, experiences and competencies
- A degree in Community Development, Development Studies, Public Health or any relevant discipline.
- At least Five (5) years of work experience in the field of WASH advocacy and WASH infrastructure construction at School and Community level.
- At least three (3) years works experience as a senior officer level
- Experience in working with NGO
- Written and oral command of English and Swahili
- Strong problem-solving skills, creativity in decision making
- Strong leadership, operation and management skills
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult circumstances.
- Competence in Ms Office applications, Ms word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
Method of Application
- All interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, please send their applications with an enclosed cover letter showing your competence and why you want to work with Good Neighbors Tanzania for the position on or before 10th August Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- When applying please attach detailed curriculum vitae containing complete names and addresses (postal, email, phone), together with names and contact details of three referees.
- All application (CV & Cover letter) should be in one PDF file by renaming his or her name.
- The application should be addressed to Project Manager O. Box 367 Good Neighbors Tanzania, Plot No. 493, Block KV, 3rd Floor of the Olympic Petroleum Building located at Ghana Area, Mwanza Tanzania through E-mail: [email protected].
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted through their active mobile numbers and email addresses.
- Good Neighbors Tanzania will not be responsible for transport or/and accommodation during the interview, there will be no refund for the expenses incurred.
- Good Neighbors Tanzania has a zero tolerance to any harm or sexual exploitation and abuse against any beneficiaries (or program participants). Safeguarding and Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) is everyone’s shared responsibility and all GN employees and partners are required to adhere to GN’s Code of Conduct both during and outside working hours. Familiarization with and adherence to the GN Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct is an essential requirement of all employees and partners, in addition to related mandatory training