Senior Officer – Env’tal Systems & Compliance at Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)
- Company: Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Geita
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Senior Officer – Environmental Systems & Compliance
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time
Department: HSE & Training
Reporting to: Superintendent 2 – Environment
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Provide specialist support in implementation of the environmental management system (EMS), environmental incident reporting and management, risk management and awareness.
Bachelor’s degree in environmental sciences/engineering, or any other related field.
At least 5 years’ experience environmental management, preferably in mining industry.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provide departments and contractors with guidance on ISO14001 implementation
- Carry out internal audit to check GGML and contractors’ conformance with ISO14001 standard.
- Coordinate preparation for and participation in surveillance and certificate audits.
- Oversee the actions agreed to address non-conformities raised during internal and external audits.
Incident reporting and management:
- Attend to reported environmental incidents and provide guidance
- Oversee entering of incident descriptions on the incident database
- Follow up implementation of agreed corrective and preventive actions
- Assist in implementing controls put in place to evaluate compliance with legal and other obligations
- Implementation and keeping the EMP up to date
- Carry out inspections and audits
- Participate in legal register review
- Regular review and update of the permit register
- Represent the Environment function in risk assessments ensuring that environmental risks are identified, and controls are put in place.
- Oversee the implementation of control developed to manage identified environmental risks
- Liaise with the site risk database champion to update environmental risk details on a predetermined interval.
- Prepare and coordinate the implementation of annual environmental awareness programmes
- Provide environmental awareness to employees through various forums and tools available.
- Any other official duty as assigned by supervisor to support implementation of the environmental management system and compliance at Geita Gold Mine.
- Ability to assess and evaluate compliance with legal and other requirements.
- Ability to carry out ISO14001 internal audit
- Ability to prepare comprehensive environmental reports
- Solving problems and making decisions
- Managing changes
- Managing tasks/projects to completion
- Demonstrating ethics and integrity
- Communicating effectively
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th November , 2021.