14 Jul 2023
Senior Network Specialist(CORE) x2 at NMB Bank
Never Miss a Job Update Again. Click Here to Subscribe
- Company: NMB Bank
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania - National Merchant Bank (NMB) Jobs in Tanzania
Senior Network Specialist(CORE) (2 Position(s))
Job Location :
Head Office, Hq
Plan, organize and deliver cost effective, efficient, and highly available Core network infrastructure services that efficiently support Data, Voice, and Video
- Review and validate internal customer/business requirements to create High-Level and Low-Level Network Designs
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, processes, standards and guidelines for network resource administration and appropriate use.
- Manage and ensure optimal operation of all Core network infrastructure equipment for the Data Centre Network connecting network segments.
- Conduct research and propose appropriate recommendations on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network services’ continuous improvements.
- Provide periodic capacity & forecast planning statistics and periodic reports to aid in management decisions.
- Enhance approaches and technical methods used by Networks team/NOC/Field Support for Branch Network support and troubleshooting techniques to ensure smooth branch business operations.
- Review and support Data Centre Networks and enhancement of the existing Network infrastructure through periodic upgrades (hardware & software).
- Administer network systems related to NMB Branch LAN, WAN, Business partners and Internet to ensure optimized performance and quality in a secure manner.
- Work with Network Service Providers & Suppliers to ensure bank’s remote channels and business partners integrations are done effectively and completed within agreed timelines.
- Supplier service contract review and SLA enforcement Management as well as bills validation and reconciliation for better cost-effective management.
- Responsible for design, staging, configuration, implementation, and support for VoIP & Contact Centre systems and configurations installations as necessary and custodian of IP Address Management.
- Responsible for managing and executing internal proof of concepts on new technologies to improve network performance.
- Responsible for knowledge sharing to Level 1 Support team & Network Specialists on solutions to un-documented issues.
- Monitoring of network devices and pinpointing of critical issues exceeding thresholds that could lead to downtime, support network users with access to network resources.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of bank’s products and operations
- Advanced knowledge of Network Support and troubleshooting
- In-depth knowledge of IP networks, Layer 2 & Layer 3 protocols.
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers & Lightweight Access Points
- Knowledge of voice, video and data switches and routers, telecommunications protocols and standards, voice and data infrastructure tools and services, QoS design and operation
- Knowledge of Data Centre Network Technologies (DC Interconnect, Cisco Nexus, VPC, Cisco ACI, SAN, UCS, FI etc.) & Voice technologies (E1s, SIP) Rooting and VPNs (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, QoS, FlexVPN, DMVPN, route redistribution, loop prevention, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of Network Automation tools and Software Defined Networks (SDNs) including Cisco SD-Access, SD-WAN and ACI.
- IT Service Management, Communication and Project Management skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and be a self-starter, prioritizing work with minimum supervision.
- Committed to self-development and enthusiastic about acquiring new skills and embracing new technologies.
- Team player that motivates and educates other team members especially level 1 and field support.
- Ability to manage network service providers, vendors, contractors, and others.
- Strong understanding of encryption technologies over Wide Area Networks
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Communication Engineering, or related academic field.
- 5 years combined networking, security, telephony, video, unified communications experience Network design, implementation, and support environment.
- CCNP R&S/Enterprise and CCNP DC (aspirations to become CCIE – DC an added advantage)
- Other Network Professional certifications such as ITILv3, CCIP, CCVP, CCDP, CCDE, ISE, PCNSE, Fortinet NSE, Checkpoint CCSA & CCSE, Radware, F5, Arista, AWS, VCP.
- In-depth experience of Cisco IOS, IOS-XE, NX-OS, WAN, VPN, Wired and Wireless LAN technologies.NMB Bank Plc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and achieving a gender balanced workforce.
Female candidates and people living with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 22nd July, 2023.