Senior Monitoring Officer at Tetra Tech
- Company: Tetra Tech
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation; democracy and governance; peace and stability; rule of law and accountability; education; gender and inclusion; strategic communications; and leadership and organizational development. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria and Ukraine, and works domestically. We support clients ranging from the U.S. Government (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation) to large bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g., the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program). We also work with national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The USAID/Tanzania Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Adapting (T-MELA) project will provide these services to the USAID/Tanzania Mission and its implementing partners. The work will include strengthening Mission staff’s ability to employ data to make strategic decisions, advancing Mission learning on youth development challenges via evaluations and assessments, developing the M&E and collaborating, learning and adapting capacity of Mission, implementing partner and Government of Tanzania staff and building the capacity of local M&E organizations.
**Please note: Only citizens of Tanzania are eligible for this position**
Reporting to the Chief of Party, oversee component 1 of the project which focuses on: performance monitoring and reporting, data verification and data visualization. The Senior Monitoring Officer (SMO) will support performance monitoring tasks such as the creation of performance indicators, development of activity and project MEL plans, setting of targets, collection of program data. The SMO will also oversee data quality assessments and data visualization efforts.
- Oversee performance monitoring design and implementation, including data collection and analysis.
- Provide expertise and support for the design and management of indicators, MEL plans, performance targets, data quality assessments, data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Review implementing partner MEL plans and provide advice on how they can be strengthened.
- Support the management of performance indicator tracking systems/databases.
- Oversee the data quality assessments; train project staff and consultants in data quality assessment processes.
- Coordinate and contribute to data visualization efforts.
- Ensure the inclusion of gender dimensions in all monitoring efforts.
- Provide guidance and assistance to support use of performance monitoring data for the improvement of ongoing project/activity management.
- Provide group (of various sizes), one-on-one, and remote training and mentoring on monitoring- related subjects (i.e., results-based management).
- Help build the capacity of MEL staff and supervise certain professionals, as required.
- Liaise with GOT and USAID, as useful, to advance the purposes of the project.
- Master’s degree in development, evaluation, development analytics, economics, knowledge management, or a related field.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of progressively professional experience in monitoring and evaluation within international development contexts in more than one of the following areas: Youth Development, Health, Democracy and Governance, Economic Growth, Natural Resource Management, Education, and/or Agricultural Development.
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, verbal and written communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
- The ability to work in complex situations or environments and serve as facilitator and mediator for diverse groups with varying skill levels.
- Fluency in English and Swahili required.
At MSI Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. MSI Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state and federal authorities.
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email [email protected] with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
- Requisition #21600000539
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 1st September , 2022.