Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer (2) at THPS
- Company: THPS
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
USAID ‘Uhuru Tuberculosis and Family Planning Integrated Facility Solutions’ Activity
Tanzania Health Promotion Support (THPS) is an indigenous NGO established under nongovernmental organization act No 24 of 2002 in 2011. THPS works in partnership with the Ministries of Health Community Development Gender Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) and Presidents Office – Regional Administration and Local Governments (PORALG) and Ministry of Health in Zanzibar with a goal of ensuring accessible high-quality health care services to Tanzanians; through strengthening of health systems for quality health services. THPS is currently implementing projects in comprehensive HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care, Support and Treatment among general populations in Pwani and Kigoma regions; key and vulnerable populations across 25 district councils across 13 mainland Tanzania regions and Health laboratory services strengthening in all mainland regions and Zanzibar. Additionally, THPS implements research and evaluations across health programs to generate evidence that informs public health interventions.
THPS has been awarded a five years USAID Cooperative Agreement number 72067120CA00004 – Uhuru TB &FP LON Activity, aimed at improving access and use of quality Tuberculosis (TB) and family planning (FP) services for better health outcomes for Tanzanian citizens. The Activity will be implemented in Katavi, Kigoma, Rukwa and Songwe regions. THPS therefore is seeking competent, experienced, dynamic and qualified candidates to fill the positions listed below.
Position Title: Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer (2 Positions)
Reports to: Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager
Position Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Overall Job Function
The Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer will provide strategic vision, management guidance, oversight and technical support in the planning and implementation of monitoring, evaluation and learning activities required for tuberculosis (TB) and reproductive health services programs; provide technical support in data demand and use for management of public health evaluations as needed in collaboration with regional and council health management teams (RCHMTs, CHMTs), Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC) through national TB and leprosy program (NTLP) and the reproductive, child health services (RCHS) unit. The position involves at least 30% field travel.
- To provide technical assistance to Zonal M&E Officers to implement paper based and electronic M&E systems for TB and reproductive health services including data management, data quality assurance, data summarization and analysis, and performance review.
- To serve as a resource to the project in the evaluation of ongoing TB and reproductive health programs and data feedback to MOHCDGEC, NTLP, RHMTs, CHMTs, health facilities and other key
- To build the capacity of personnel in the region to better implement M&E
- To collaborate with regional partners implementing HIV/AIDS activities to ensure timely and accurate reporting across program
- To coordinate with zonal teams and health facilities to implement timely and regular reporting of key program indicators to
- Provide technical assistance in strengthening the national M&E system for all TB and reproductive health supported
- In collaboration with Zonal M&E Officer to build capacity of site staff and headquarters staff teams to set a functional groundwork for efficient data collection, entry, compilation and timely reporting at site
- Contribute to development and implementation of the organization’s MEL framework including indicator
- Support the development and implementation of standard operating procedures for data collection, collation, verification and use at each level of the health information
- Prepare quarterly, semi-annual and annual progress reports within described
- Facilitate utilization of reports at site level and district level for program planning, management and
- Lead the preparation of M&E based quarterly feedback reports to R/CHMTs and health facilities and MOHCDGEC
- Participate in periodic data quality assessment activities to track progress in data management at individual sites focusing in different supported program
- Liaising with the Evaluation and Research unit in identifying areas for operational
- Participate in writing and dissemination of lessons learned and best
- Oversee timely site and district level target distribution and monitor and report monthly on
target performance to program team and senior management team.
- Carry out any other responsibilities as
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
- A degree in Demography, Epidemiology, Statistics or
- Master’s in public health (MPH) or Monitoring and Evaluation, Demography will be an added
- A minimum of three years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation of TB and reproductive health related
- Experience in working with USAID supported
- Knowledge in various statistical data packages including Epi info, Stata, is very essential.
- Excellent written and oral communication in English and Kiswahili
- Ability to work under pressure and timely meet
- Ability to plan, implement independently or in a
Method of Application
Interested applicants should send their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum to ([email protected]) by 31st July, 2020 with a subject line of ‘USAID Uhuru TB & FP LON Facility Solutions Activity – Position’ e.g. USAID Uhuru TB & FP LON Facility Solutions Activity – Zonal Project Manager.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women, people living with HIV/AIDS and people living with disability are encouraged to apply.