27 Jun 2023
Senior Manager; Technology Projects at NMB Bank
Never Miss a Job Update Again. Click Here to Subscribe
- Company: NMB Bank
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
- Oversee and manage the operational aspects of ongoing technology projects within Technology and Digital Transformation department.
- Review status of projects and budgets, manages schedules, and prepare status reports.
- Assess project issues and develop resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Directly managing all aspects of the project lifecycle. Responsible for managing the complete lifecycle of government contract technology product implementations.
- Responsible for creating agile plans, reporting status to management, resolving critical project issues, and building an effective project team.
- Plan, program, and recommend allocation of resources to support the mission and associated goals and objectives.
- Responsible for assembling the project staff; for their technical or functional development, performance, and/or termination during the project or projects.
- Develop, prioritize, and defend IT resource requirements.
- Develop project schedules and recommend appropriate lead-lag times. Plan workload for multiple project management teams and de-conflicts resources. Provide forward-looking schedule analysis to Leadership.
- Assume the role of a coach, training and advising team members and other stakeholders on agile methodology and how to optimize their efficiency within the project team best. Be the champion of the organization agile transformation and live the agile values and manifesto.
- Evaluate project schedule progress and performance and identify developing problem areas. Conduct analysis to determine alternative courses of action or recovery on slipped schedules.
- Manage multiple teams of developers from different vendors as part of project management.
- Source the capabilities, skills, and technology necessary to meet customer requirements supported by service level agreements
- Conduct regular, periodic, project management status meetings to apprise all stakeholders of project progress, issues, challenges, risks, and project management activities
- Provide leadership and develop and mentor new recruits within Project unit.
- Define and track project milestones while developing, maintaining, and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan.
- Accurately assessing, managing, and reporting dependencies, risks, and issues.
- Develop required project artifacts such as project charter, integrated project plan, resource plan, contingency plan, etc. depending on methodology (Waterfall, Agile).
- Publish periodic project status reports and continuously update the Chief of Technology on Projects progress and status.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Understanding of banking processes and business process re-engineering
- Understanding of banking operations
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good verbal, written and presentation skills
- Excellent planning, organization, and multitasking skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- A proven self-starter with ability to work under high pressure environment
- People management skills
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
Qualifications and Experience:
- Holder of a University Degree in Information and Communication Technologies (ICT), Project Management, Management Information Systems (MIS) or related field.
- Certification on Agile methodology, i.e., SCRUM certification etc, is mandatory.
- Other certifications such as PMP, PRINCE will be an added advantage
- Sound Agile Project Management background and practical application in a busy large corporate setting with at least 4 years’ hands on experience on Agile project management practice.
- Experience in working with development teams.
- Understanding of software development lifecycle and software development costing will be an added advantage
- Experience in multi-national cultures and working styles
- Extensive experience in implementation of banking systems
- PC literate with excellent working knowledge of all relevant project softwareNMB Bank Plc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse environment and achieving a gender balanced workforce.
Female candidates and people living with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 21st July, 2023.