Senior Manager of Protecting & Safeguarding at Compassion
- Company: Compassion
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The expected salary range for this position is $133,900.00 – $167,350.00. Employees in specific high cost of labor locations in the United States (such as San Francisco, CA and Seattle, WA) may qualify for a geographic differential. Compassion International is not responsible for third parties who omit this information when copying and re-posting job openings.
This senior manager leads the Protection and Safeguarding Advisory Team to build the capacity of Compassion’s National Offices and Frontline Church Partners and support its Global Partners and Global Ministry Center to prevent and respond to all forms of abuse, neglect and exploitation. Through cross-functional collaboration, he or she also manages the development and implementation of operational models, efficiencies, and strategies to implement Compassion’s programs globally.
PLEASE NOTE: This position can be based anywhere in the United States or any of our 29 field countries. Please see the list of these countries in the link below:
Resumes and applications must be submitted in English.
What will you do?
- Maintain a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintain a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully uphold Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Act as an advocate to raise the awareness of the needs of children. Understands Christ’s mandate to protect children. Commit to and prioritize child protection considerations in all decision-making, tasks and activities across the ministry. Abide by all behavioral expectations in Compassion’s Statement of Commitment to Child Protection and Code of Conduct. Report any concerns of abuse, neglect or exploitation of children through Compassion’s internal reporting process and appropriately support responses to incidents if they occur.
- Uphold and engage in Compassion’s core Cultural Behaviors.
- Provide leadership and development to direct reports. Work with staff to foster an environment of professional growth, in alignment with compassion’s strategies and objectives. Consult with peer management and senior leaders to successfully align departmental resources and priorities across Compassion.
- Contribute to or prepare and administer the annual budget and departmental expenses, ensuring accountability for on-time completion of deliverables based on department objectives, SLAs, and other Compassion standards, ensuring compliance with regulatory and board policies.
- Select, manage and develop assigned staff, establishing goals and objectives, coaching and managing performance, including discipline, motivation, and annual reviews; supports continuous learning and development that enhances individual performance and organizational capability.
- Develop organization-wide strategy, policy and procedures related to safeguarding and registered children and youth protection.
- Create and share evidence-based guidelines, interventions and resources.
- Monitor implementation of safeguarding and protection standards and expectations; collaborate and consult with National Offices on local strategy development, contextualization of standards and expectations.
- Maintain global safeguarding certification/leads recertification efforts.
- Advise, train and promote shared learning on protection and safeguarding expectations, standards and practices across the organization.
- Provide consultation, investigation and/or intervention as warranted in incident allegation responses.
- Support staff impacted by the burdens caused by the realities of protection and safeguarding.
- Provide high level management and leadership to program communities of practice and engages with the monitoring, evaluation, research and learning teams to promote a continuous learning environment to support evidence-based interventions to national offices and the front line-church partners (FCPs) they serve.
- Provide high level management and leadership to creating, monitoring and using appropriate metrics for the domain to ensure/improve quality of program implementation internationally.
- Stay current with industry trends and programmatic advances impacting this domain.
What will you bring?
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Relevant global experience working in this or a related field.
- Experience managing people in a cross-cultural setting.
- Must be fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English.
Why work here?
- The mission: Join a team that is motivated to release children from poverty in Jesus’ name.
- Our benefits: Receive generous paid time off, 10% contribution to a 403(b)-retirement fund in addition to your salary, excellent health-care coverage, free short-term professional counseling, and more.
- Spiritual growth opportunities: Participate in regular chapel services, prayer groups, and department devotionals.
Travel Requirements: May be required to travel up to 25% of normal schedule including international travel. Travelers must follow the vaccination rule of each country they travel to. Some countries require the health record to be uploaded to their system to receive a QR code to present when arriving in immigration.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th October, 2023.