Senior Manager Mining – Open Pits at Geita Gold Mining Ltd
- Company: Geita Gold Mining Ltd
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Geita
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
|Position||Senior Manager Mining – Open Pits|
|Contract type & Duration||Unspecified time|
|Department||Mining Open Pits|
|Reporting to||Operations Manager|
|Number of Positions||One (1)|
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- Purpose of the role is to build, develop, and lead an effective team capable of delivering industry leading practices within the mining operations in order to achieve business objectives/targets.
- B.Sc in Mining Engineering or equivalent tertiary qualification.
- A post graduate qualification in management is desirable but not essential.
- 10-15 years relevant open mining experience (Underground mining experience will be an advantage)
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
The Mining Manager is accountable for Health, Safety & Environment
- Implementation, management and maintenance of the IS018001 & IS045001 systems.
- Promoting safe working practices and safety within the department.
- Leading and managing hazard and risk management programs and systems.
- Implementation, use and continuous coaching of the subordinates.
- Labour planning and budgeting.
- Develop and implement succession plans with measurable results in the localization of management in the mining operations.
- Supporting the Operations Manager in the development of an optimized business plan by proposing potential resource rationalization approaches, with associated benefits and risks, and models of possible long term mine plans for the 3-5 year future.
- In conjunction with the Technical Services Manager, support the development of the long term mine plan that will deliver the sustainable execution of the annual mine plans and deliver the expected results safely and within budget.
- In the mining environment, optimize production from two main operating pits, to achieve targeted gold production safely and within costs.
- In conjunction with the Technical Services Manager and Geology Manager manage the interaction between open pit and underground mining activities.
- The management of people and effective mine operations work systems within the context of the approved budget.
- Integrating all mining functions required to develop, monitor, progress, resource and executes the Mine Plan on a 3 year rolling basis.
- Designing and implementing operating systems and teams to deliver in accordance with the budget (considering owner and contract activities)
- Defining “good mining practice”, and providing a framework and plan to sustainably and continuously improve performance.
- Optimising ore mining methods to balance productivity and quality by working collaterally with the Geology Manager to determine balance of factors required for optimal results.
- In conjunction with Geology, the development of mining methods which optimize resource recovery and mining dilution, commensurate with practical mining constraints and productivity targets.ln conjunction with geology, develop procedures for the operation of the ROM pad, for the sorting, stockpiling and management of ore.
- In conjunction with Processing, optimization of ore mining methods (drill and blast) to optimize mill throughput
- Planning and implementing infrastructure to support the mining operation; Implement the management framework.
- Understanding and managing risks and opportunities over the 2 year business cycle Contracts
- Defining, implementing and managing contractors in all open pit mining operations areas.
- Scope contract parameters for future mining contractors or contract extensions.
- Managing and optimize the use of the mining fleet, to deliver to the mining production plan and budget. Develop alternative scenarios for effective rationalization of HME in the 2 to 5 year timeframe
MODE OF APPLICATION:
- Please apply through our recruitment portal by following the link below. Please click the link or type the URL address on a website browser to access the application portal.
- On the portal you will be required to upload your detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees. Please do not attach certificates that are not related to the qualifications stated above.
- You will also be required to upload a cover / application letter addressed to “Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd”. Subject should be “Senior Manager Mining – Open Pits”
Method of ApplicationCandidates may apply through our jobs email at [email protected] . Email subject should also be “Senior Manager Mining – Open Pits”
You will be required to present original certificates if you are contacted for interviews. Internal Applicants (those currently employed by AngloGold Ashanti) must have their application letter endorsed by their Head of Department (HOD) or Manager once Removed (MoR).
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications should reach the above on or before 31st July 2021 at 5:30 Pm Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing 2[email protected] or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com