Senior Malaria Technical Director at PSI
- Company: PSI
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
Job Title: SENIOR MALARIA TECHNICAL DIRECTOR, TANZANIA CASE MANAGEMENT AND SURVEILLANCE
Reporting to: CHIEF OF PARTY-TANZANIA CASE MANAGEMENT AND SURVEILLANCE
Location: DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
Start date: APPROXIMATELY, JUNE 2022 – Contingent upon funding
Who we are
With 50 years of experience, working in over 60 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 8,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
PSI seeks a Senior Malaria Technical Director to provide technical guidance for the implementation of malaria case management, surveillance and social and behavior change activities under the anticipated $40M 5-year USAID/PMI-funded “Tanzania Case Management and Surveillance Activity”. The project will strengthen national and sub-national capacity to implement malaria service delivery, case management, and surveillance in Tanzania.
The Senior Malaria Technical Director will be responsible for providing technical guidance for the implementation of malaria case management, surveillance and social and behavior change activities under the USAID PMI Tanzania Case Management and Surveillance Activity, an anticipated 5-year activity in Tanzania. PSI anticipates the project will provide technical assistance to the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania to implement malaria service delivery, case management, and surveillance activities.
The Senior Malaria Technical Director will be responsible for supporting the COP and project team to ensure that project activities are implemented according to international and national guidelines and best practices. The Senior Malaria Technical Director will also be responsible for ensuring quality of malaria case management, surveillance and social and behavior change activities implemented by the project. The Senior Malaria Technical Director will also be responsible for strengthening the technical capacity of project staff and local implementing.
- Under the supervision of the COP and in line with USAID and PSI policies, the Senior Malaria Technical Director will be responsible for:
- Providing technical assistance for the implementation of malaria case management, surveillance, and social and behavior change activities to government stakeholders (e.g. National Malaria Control Program, Zanzibar Malaria Elimination Program, and others) and local implementing partners. Continuously buildingthe capacity of government stakeholders and local implementing partners to implement malaria case management, surveillance, and social and _ behavior change activities;
- Providing technical assistance for the implementation of malaria case management, surveillance, and social and behavior change activities to project staff at all levels of the project to ensure successful implementation of evidence- based activities. And mentoring project staff in Tanzanian _ and global best practices in malaria control and elimination; Monitoring the publication of new evidence at the global, regional, and national level on malaria case management, _ surveillance, and social and behavior change;
- Developing analytically sound and comprehensive reports on the project’s implementation of malaria case management, surveillance, and social and behavior change _ activities in Tanzania;
- Supporting coordination mechanisms across consortium partners to ensure adherence to Tanzanian and global guidelines and best practices for malaria control and _ elimination;
- Provide oversight for all supportive supervision activities working closely with the Director of Surveillance, _ Monitoring, and Evaluation;
- Ensuring project activities are implemented in line with Tanzanian and WHO guidelines and best practices for _ malaria control and elimination;
- Developing partnerships and relationships with key in- _ country stakeholders;
- _ Supporting the project team to prepare annual work plans; Collecting, distilling, and disseminating malaria control and elimination best practices to inform donors and other stakeholders. Contributing to the development of knowledge management and thought leadership outputs to disseminate evidence and best practices from the project.
What are we looking for?
Must have a MD or MPH, or other related biological science postgraduate degree.
- A minimum of five years field experience in implementation of malaria case management programs in a low- or middle-income country (LMIC).
- In-depth knowledge of malaria and public health principles and practices, particularly in malaria case management and program management and leadership.
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili.
- Demonstrated global malaria technical knowledge with established reputation for excellence in malaria case management.
- Experience mentoring others.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to coordinate and work effectively with diverse stakeholders in numerous locations and levels, including private partners, donors, government officials and bodies, technical experts, civil society organizations, community members and organizations and project support staff.
What would get us excited?
Proven coaching, facilitation, and communication skills. Excellent knowledge of Global Fund and Tanzania Government approaches and regulations.
Method of ApplicationApplication for the position must include:
- Cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position against the listed requirements.
- Detailed curriculum vitae showing contact address, email, and day -time mobile phone number (s) and three (3) referees, ONE being your last employer.