Senior Maintenance Planner at North Mara Gold Mine Limited
- Company: North Mara Gold Mine Limited
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Musoma Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit Senior Maintenance Planner to join Underground Maintenance team. The successful candidates for this position will carry out assigned maintenance planning tasks within the guidelines of Company Standard Operating Procedures and best Practice as well as other assigned tasks within the range of competencies. The position will report to the UG Maintenance Superintendent.
- Ensure a healthy and safe working environment for all employees.
- Ensure all Barrick Safe work practices are observed and implemented in the Underground Maintenance Section
- Ensure preparation and execution of maintenance plans and schedules are implemented on the required dates and times
- Ensure Underground Mobile Fleet perform to pre-determined performance measures in Safety, availability, reliability and cost.
- Ensure all cost are controlled on a day to day basis
- Efficient organizing of personnel time/schedule.
- Inspection and evaluation of all relevant equipment
- Manage all planned maintenance activities in Underground Mobile Fleet
- Maintain and review all planned maintenance schedules for all equipment
- Administrate the planned maintenance system of Underground Mobile Fleet
- Liaising with functional heads to develop appropriate maintenance plans for all equipment
- Coordinate all maintenance activities planned/unplanned
- Liaise with supply chain to ensure all maintenance spares issues are addressed
- Assist to prepare maintenance budgets for the Underground Mobile Fleet
- Coordinate department stock/Purchase requisition and address all issues thereof
- Develop and proved accurate maintenance reports and presentations for all relevant stakeholders
- Liaise with all relevant parties to ensure effective operation of the maintenance system
- Keep accurate records of all condition monitoring activities
- Liaise with relevant OEMs and Consultants for the provision of effective support to all maintenance
- Develop and train all staff and direct reports, develop both training and succession plan.
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent relevant trade qualification from a recognized institution
- A Mechanical Trade Certification is highly desired.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in Maintenance Planning techniques will be highly regarded
- Experience with Sandvik and Caterpillar machinery is mandatory
- Previous expat experience in mining industry high desired
- Must demonstrate good oral / written communication skills in English
- Maintains and manages maintenance work order backlog
- Long term planning – major component change out monitoring and scheduling
- Applies predictive, proactive and preventative measures to improve equipment reliability.
- Asset management and produce equipment cost analysis report
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong Safety Background and ability to drive a Safe working environment and practices.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- Computer skills –MS Excel, Access, Word, Outlook, Pronto and SAP.
- Hazard Identification & Risk Assessment.
- Driving ability.
|WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
Method of Application
|Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s (indicating the role title in the subject) via e-mail to: [email protected]|
|If you are not contacted by Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 18th May 2021.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! NMGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our compliance Hotline, by calling +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com.