Senior Library Assistant III at TUDARCo
- Company: TUDARCo
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Tumaini University Dar es Salaam College (TUDARCo), which is owned by the Eastern and Coastal Diocese (ECD) of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Tanzania (ELCT), is one of the Constituent Colleges of Tumaini University Makumira (TUMA). The institution was granted
Certificate of Full Registration by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) on 29th March 2007; and, respectively obtained its Charter and Certificate of Accreditation in in 2010; and August 2019. TUDARCo is located along Coca Cola Road, at Mwenge Industrial Area in Dar es Salaam. At present TUDARCo is being re-engineered and re-branded with a view to transforming it into a competitively dynamic and vibrant university institution. To that effect TUDARCo is seeking to strengthen human resource in the delivery of library services, hence this advertisement.
Positions being advertised
Senior Library Assistant III: One (1) Position
Holder of a Master’s (MA) degree in Library and Information Studies or equivalent qualifications from a higher learning institution recognised by TCU, with at least five (5) years of relevant working experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Updating amended laws.
- Drafting original cataloguing entries, reference work, and collections.
- Perform routine professional and supervisory duties.
- Administer Library records, references, etc.
- Undertakes bibliographical services.
- Administer routine ordering and processing of books.
- Assist the Heads of Sections in ensuring smooth running of the library and information services as rendered by library assistants.
- Responsible for safe keeping of tools, machines and equipment entrusted to his custody for the facilitation of service rendered by library assistants.
- Perform other duties assigned by his/her supervisor.
Successful candidates will be offered attractive packages commensurate with their qualifications and experience.
Method of ApplicationInterested and suitably qualified individuals should submit their applications with attached detailed curriculum vitae, relevant copies of transcripts, certificates, telephone contacts and three referee’s details.
Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be verified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
Presentation of forged certificates & other information will necessitate to legal action.
Applicants who have already submitted their applications need not reapply. (v) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Applications should be addressed to the Provost using the address below or the e-mail address [email protected]
The Provost, Tumaini University Dar es Salaam College (TUDARCo), Plot No. 10 Mikocheni Light Industrial Area (Along Coca Cola Road), P.O. Box 77588, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Deadline All applications should reach the Provost by Friday 19th August, 2022 at 16:30 hours.