Senior Internal Auditor (Transfer Vacancy) at MTUWASA
- Company: MTUWASA
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Mtwara
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
The Mtwara Water and Sanitation Authority (MTUWASA) is a legally established entity responsible for overall operations and management of water supply and sanitation services in Mtwara Municipality. The core function of the Authority is to deliver excellent water supply and sanitation services for all categories of customers and stakeholders in Mtwara Municipal. In order to attain its vision and mission, MTUWASA is seeking to recruit a dynamic, experienced, competent and qualified Tanzanian to fill the following vacant post:
Senior Internal Auditor -1 Post
Reports To: Managing Director
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Co-ordination of all auditing activities in the Authority
- Assisting on detection and prevention of errors, fraud and waste.
- Ensuring that MTUWASA activities arc done in accordance to the Waterworks Ordinance Act No. 8 of 1997 and its By-Laws,
- Participating in the investigative financial and performance audits.
- Ensuring that the Authority’s financial regulations, financial accounting system, procurement regulations and staff regulations arc being complied.
- Ensuring that fixed assets and stocks arc properly safeguarded, verified and accounted for.
- Making recommendations for the amendment or review of the financial accounting system, financial regulations, procurement regulations and staff regulations
- Advising the Authority on compliance with implementations of the Authority’s Strategic plan.
- Performing any other duties relevant to the scope of works as may be assigned by the Authority.
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience
- Holder of Form IV / VI certificate.
- Graduate in Accountancy from recognised Institution Holder of a CPA (T)
- Masters of Business Administration in Finance/ Accountancy is an added advantage
- Clear understanding of procedures and regulations governing management of financial resources in a public Organisation
- Not less than seven years working experience as an Auditor in a reputable organization
- Computer literacy.
An attractive salary and remuneration in line with the MTUWASA Scheme of Service and Salary Structure will be offered to the right candidate, having relevant qualifications, required skills and experience.
- An Applicant MUST be a Public Servant;
- A signed application letter should be written in Swahili or English;
- Applicants MUST channel their application letters through their current employer
- Applicant should attach an update CV
- Certificate from foreign Universities or Colleges MUST be verified by Tanzania Commission for University (TCU)
- Certificate from foreign secondary schools MUST have equivalent score from National Examine Council of Tanzania (NECTA)
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates: –
- Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates;
- Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts;
- Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates;
- Professional Registration and Training Certificates from respective Registration or Regulatory Bodies, (where applicable);
- Birth certificate;
- Attaching copies of the following certificates is strictly not accepted:-
- Form IV and form VI results slips;
- Testimonials and all Partial transcripts;
- An applicant should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
- Deadline for application is 10lh May, 2022
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates should submit their application to the following address
MTWARA URBAN WATER SUPPLY & SANITATION AUTHORITY
P.O. Box 141,
Tel: 023 2333596, Fax: 023 2333079
E-Mail: [email protected]