This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
2 Jun 2022
Senior Internal Auditor at Williamson Diamond Limited (WDL)
Never Miss a Job Update Again. Click Here to Subscribe
- Company: Williamson Diamond Limited (WDL)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Shinyanga
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Senior Internal Auditor – Advertisement
Position Title : Senior Internal Auditor
Location : Williamson Diamonds Limited, Mwadui, Shinyanga
Grade : D4
Report : General Manager
Applicants are invited to apply for the existing position mentioned above.
Role Description: Responsible for the execution of internal audits in order to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the Company’s governance, risk management process and ensure that the necessary internal control measures are in place to support and meet the objectives of the Company.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Manager: Internal Audit and Senior Management at WDL to verify legislative compliance control and internal control measures are in place to support the Company objectives.
- Engage with industry peers to stay abreast of current technical audit principles and practices defined by the relevant professional institutions.
- Execute internal audits, at WDL Operational level, in a professional, systematic and disciplined approach and thereby evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes of the Company.
- Verify through the internal audits performed that WDL is complying with relevant laws and statutes by remaining abreast of all applicable legislative compliance for local and international best practice business principles.
- Independently review through the internal audits performed whether the Company’s procedures and business processes are periodically being reviewed and is a true reflection of the business processes.
- Document and report recommendations on how to improve internal controls and governance processes in order to protect WDL against fraud and theft of assets.
- Under direction of the Manager: Group Internal Audit, independently perform allocated audits in line with the annual internal audit plan.
- Adhere to the Institute of Internal Auditing Standards of Professional Practice, and the Company’s procedures.
- Provide expert Audit advice on Industry Best Practice and keep abreast of latest developments in area of expertise.
- Perform ad hoc risk related assignments if required by the Manager: Internal Audit.
- Ensure that WDL policies and procedures are in line with that of Group PDSA Policies. Where WDL procedures differ from PDSA operations it must be highlighted in the procedures
- Engagement and Communication: Engage internal and external stakeholders on Audit related matters, and support operations on Audit related engagement.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships and an effective / sound communication system within the Internal Audit Function
- Reporting, Monitoring and Evaluation Audit: Ensure that all Internal Audit reporting is aligned with standards, guidelines and schedules
- Responsible for the timely reporting and completion of accurate and relevant audit findings that is reported to the Country and General Manager and PDSA Manager: Internal Audit.
- Implement programs, standards & controls, guidelines and schedules.
- Identify deviations to standards through appropriate work processes.
- Participate in a sustainable process to identify, assess and rank risks as these relate to the business and operations, in order to promote an Audit and risk-aware culture, ensure that any potential impact is understood, and facilitate effective decision making, risk mitigation and provide this as input into the AURA program.
- Through the audit process, contribute to continuous review of the Company’s financial, operational, and ICT systems with the aim to recommend improvements where necessary.
- Utilise the audit software and data analytical tools, where applicable, to enhance efficiencies throughout the audit process. Minimum Requirements for all applicants:
- Com Degree Internal Auditing, Financial Accounting, OR Financial Management, or equivalent.
- Completed Articles at a professional registered External Audit company(four years) will be advantages.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in completing internal audits.
- Mining/manufacturing internal auditing experience would be advantageous.
- Commercial, Company, Tax, VAT legislation and IT knowledge.
- Knowledge and experience in computer auditing tools / software (i.e. Teammate, ETC).
- Institute for Internal Auditors (IIA) Membership.
- Computer Literacy and Microsoft Office Suite (Advanced)
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English and Swahili
- Possession of a valid driving license.
Other required Skills and Competencies:
- Review and advise operational management on best practice initiatives, key systems, and general risks.
- Understand fraud risks and controls.
- Keep up to date with relevant legislation and best practice business principles within the auditing environment.
- Manage relationships with the Group Internal Audit Manager and Operational Senior Management.
- Apply various auditing techniques in the identification of risks and controls.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill in conducting an audit from a cradle to grave perspective.
- Perform various audits (i.e. operational, contract, environmental, fraud, quality management, corporate governance, business reengineering, benchmarking etc.).
Method of ApplicationCandidates meeting the requisite qualifications should submit their applications describing how they qualify for the positions. They should also send detailed CV, copies of certificates, three referees, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses before 20th June, 2022 at 16hrs00. Via the following address:
Human Resources Manager,
Williamson Diamonds Ltd,
P.0. Box 23,
Or drop the same through the following email, [email protected]
NB: Please complete an external job application form available on http://www.petradiamonds.com/careers/current-vacancies) Williamson Diamonds Limited supports the Mineral policy(2009) of Tanzania and is committed to ensure adequate development of local technical capacity to service the mining industry; and to employ local experts available and develop succession plans for Tanzanians to take over expatriate positions. Pre-screening, profile testing, on mine assessments, medical and security clearances form part of the minimum requirement and selection process. Short listed candidates will be required to attend a panel interview. Employment of the successful candidate is subject to passing on mine induction and the aforementioned criteria.
If you do not hear from us after 20th July, 2022 please consider yourself unsuccessful. Williamson Diamonds Limited is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that Petra Diamonds does not at any time require any form of payment for recruitment purposes. If you are approached in this regard, you should report the incident immediately via one of the following hotlines: Phone Call: +255 28 276 172 +255 767 744 617; Email: [email protected]
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE