Senior Hivsttechnical Advisor at Population Services International (PSI)
- Company: Population Services International (PSI)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dodoma Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Reporting to: COUNTRY REPRESENTATIVE
Location: DODOMA, TANZANIA
Who we are
With 50 years of experience, working in over 60 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
Thereare over 8,000″PSI’ers”around the world. We area diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
PSI with funding from the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis, and Malaria (“The Global Fund”) will work closely with the Tanzania National AIDS Control Program (NACP), President’s Office-Regional Administrative and Local Government (PO-RALG), World Health Organization (WHO), Global Fund PR/SRs, to provide technical assistance (TA) for the HIV differentiated service delivery (DSD) strategic initiative (SI) to address gaps in testing and treatment for key populations, men, and adolescents. PSI Tanzania will offer technical assistance focusing on DSDTA area HIV Self-Testing (HIVST) and support:
- Enabling environment for HIVST scale up, including systems adaptations for HIVST scale up and strengthening human resource capacity for HIVST scale up.
- HIVST service delivery including quality assurance and service delivery for Workplace-Based Distribution; Pharmacy -based distribution; Community-Based Distribution; and ICT- Supported HIVST Distribution.
- Strategic demand generation of the target groups for HIVST.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Advisor to provide overall technical assistance, leadership, and project management for the HIV DSD Strategic Initiative. This role will function as primary contact for in country stakeholders including MoHCDGEC and local WHO team. The Senior Technical Advisor will monitor and track activity progress against timelines and budget and ensure all deliverables related to this assignment are finalized.
- Provide high quality technical expertise and assistance to NACP in the development and adaptation of standard national implementation toolkits, including national standard operating procedures and training guidelines and tools for HIV Self-Testing.
- Provide technical assistance to the NACP to revise HTS guidelines to include HIVST for different service delivery models.
- Coordinate support for capacity building of R/CHMT to forecast and order HIVST kits and support the procurement and supply chain and distribution of HIVST kits to regions and councils based on the projected needs.
- Coordinate support for development of linkage tools (including mHealth) to track referrals to care and prevention and provide support for data quality assurance for HIVST integrated within existing routine data quality processes for HTS.
- Provide technical assistance to NACP for the adaption of training curriculum and provide support for the development of HIVST training package for pharmaceutical personnel and workplace peer educators.
- In collaboration with NACP and Global Fund PR/SRs, develop a tailored package of HIVST differentiated service delivery approaches.
- Provide technical assistance to NACP to develop a scale up plan for HIVST distribution in workplace, community, and pharmacy models.
- Coordinate support for the development of an HIVST advocacy strategy and costed HIVST communication strategy for target populations.
What are we looking for?
- You have a master’s degree in public health, infectious diseases, or related degree at a minimum; MD or PhD preferred.
- You are Tanzanian and have at least 10 years of experience in HIV service delivery, preferably in Tanzania.
- You have experience with HIV Self-Testing and/or differentiated HIV testing/differentiated HIV services.
- You have a proven track-record with working in close collaboration with national stakeholders (the Tanzania National AIDS Control Program (NACP), President’s Office-Regional Administrative and Local Government (PO-RALG),
- Demonstrated commitment to and technical expertise in HIV differentiated service delivery.
- You have significant experience living and working in a developing country and expertise in working on management of infectious diseases.
- You have demonstrated strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- You have demonstrated experience working with host country government.
- You have demonstrated experience working with host country nationals.
- You are fluent in Swahili and English speaking and writing skills References will be required.
What would get us excited?
- Proven coaching, facilitation, and communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Global Fund and Tanzania Government approaches and regulations.
Cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position against the listed requirements.
Detailed curriculum vitae showing contact address, email, and day -time mobile phone , number (s) and three (3) referees, ONE being your last employer.