Senior Grants and Compliance Officer at FHI 360
- Company: FHI 360
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff include experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries. Currently, we are seeking suitably qualified candidates to fill in Senior Grants and Compliance Officer – Dar es salaam for its EpiC project in Tanzania.
The Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) is a 5-year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), dedicated to achieving and maintaining HIV epidemic control. The project provides strategic technical assistance and direct service delivery to break through barriers to 95-95-95 and promote self-reliant management of national HIV programs by improving HIV case-finding, prevention, and treatment programming. In Tanzania, EpiC will be implementing an HIV service delivery project among key and priority populations, adolescent girls and young women; and orphans and vulnerable children which aims to reduce HIV infections in pursuit of reaching 95-95-95 goals. To achieve this goal, the program will support targeted prevention and case finding strategies at community level amongst the targeted populations.
The Senior Grants and Compliance Officer (GCO) will Lead the administration and management of all subawards and procurement functions (consultants, services and supplies) for the EpiC Tanzania project, with a focus on ensuring compliance to USG, PEPFAR and FHI 360 rules and regulations. He/She will monitor workflows and help to develop and implement systems to provide sound management, control and compliance with procurement, award terms and conditions as per FHI360 policy and will support sub-awardees in the establishment and/or strengthening of their own internal compliance systems to build capacity for USG fund management
- Interpret and apply funding regulations to ensure that all procedures for procurement, subaward management and auditing are met; ensure that adequate records and audit trails are maintained.
- Manage all subaward work processes, including review and some negotiation of proposed instruments, developing and implementing procedures to ensure compliance with EpiC award terms and standardized procedures and FHI 360 policy.
- Coordinate the development, modification and close-out of all subawards to ensure that adequate records and audit trails are maintained.
- Manage and maintain subaward documentation and input/maintain information in FHI 360’s subaward tracking system.
- Facilitate the expedited review of subaward implementation activities and other contractual arrangements.
- Develop, implement and monitor subaward monitoring plans with each sub-awardee and conduct or follow-up on site visits to ensure and support ongoing compliance with subaward terms and conditions and strengthen capacity of sub-awardees.
- Conduct periodic on-site audit of sub-awardees to verify ongoing compliance with sub-award terms and conditions.
- Review consultant requests for completeness and accuracy; support the development of consultancy scopes, contracts and modifications, ensuring compliance to FHI 360 policies.
- Review consultant invoices and timesheets before forwarding the documents to finance for payments. Includes contract administration activities for contracts and assists in the monitoring of contractor’s performance, approval of progress payments, verification of deliveries, and similar activities.
- Update the FHI 360 consultancy database with new agreements, modification and other information.
- Maintain productive working relationships with EpiC staff in HQ, staff within other implementing partners and USAID.
- Provide technical assistance to staff and grantees on administrative policies and procedures for Agreements management.
- Ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements by enforcing adherence to requirements; with financial aspects of contract requirements including liability, property, and other insurance matters, and audit requirements.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS/LLB) with 5-7 years of experience with subaward administration and compliance for USG-funded projects (USAID/PEPFAR preferred); or master’s degree with 3-5 years of experience with subaward administration and/or compliance for USG-funded projects.
- Strong working knowledge of USG rules and regulations.
- Familiarity with federal OMB (Office of Management and Budget) circulars
- Experience working in an international NGO environment is desirable.
- Familiarity with Tanzanian public health sector, non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and community-based organizations (CBOs) in Tanzania is highly desirable.
- Strong project management and time management skills; highly organized and detail oriented
- Demonstrated experience managing large volumes of high value subawards with local partners
- Experience with Sub Award Tracking system (SAT) a plus.
- Cultural sensitivity and sound understanding of the needs of key and vulnerable populations.
- Ability to respond to inquiries independently and follow-up on requests in an efficient manner with minimal supervision, manage high volume of workflow efficiently.
- Ability to interpret financial and other quantitative information and reports.
- Ability to work collaboratively, productively and sensitively within a multidiscipline, multicultural and multigender environment.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
- Well-developed computer skills.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 2nd December , 2021.