Senior Geotechnical Engineer at Bulyanhulu Gold
- Company: Bulyanhulu Gold
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Shinyanga
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
Bulyanhulu Gold Mine is seeking to recruit Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join our team. The successful candidate for this position is expected to align to the Barrick DNA and drive a change within his team and the business and on a practical note will ensure activities in the Technical Service Section are effectively planned and undertaken in a safe and cost effective manner to achieve targets in accordance to BGML Mining Safety Standards, Policies and Procedures.
.Reporting to: Geotechnical Manager
- Ensuring all tasks or activities are executed and aligned with safety standard operating procedures and safe work instructions at all times
- Ensure the safety of all underground personnel from geotechnical hazards
- Undertaking of geotechnical data collection programmes,
- Geotechnical design and modelling studies and providing input for mine planning and design, to ensure mine stability for short and long-term planning,
- Conducting Geotechnical inspections of mine development, open stopes and pillar behavior, and the impact on mine infrastructure, mine planning, ore extraction, and underground control systems,
- Assessing seismic responses to mining and managing seismic hazards,
- Maintaining procedures, processes and databases for all geotechnical functions, including ground support, ground deformation monitoring and training,
- Identifying and assisting with the implementation of business improvement opportunities,
- Assist the Geotechnical Manager to complete BGML’s employee performance management processes to ensure optimum employee performance and take appropriate action to remedy any substandard employee performance or behavior.
- Act as a liaison between planning and operations departments coordinating rock mechanical engineering efforts towards short-term objectives.
- Bachelor Degree in Mining Engineering or Geological Engineering degree preferably with a specialization in Ground Control, Geotechnical Engineering or Rock Mechanics.
- Must have a minimum 5 years’ experience in underground mining environment
- Must have a minimum 5 years post graduate industry underground mining experience preferably in precious metals using narrow vein long hole stoping
- Must have a valid driving license and able to drive a light vehicle in underground environment.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Proficiency with geotechnical design software such as FLAC3D, Dips, UnWedge, RS2, RS3, Map3D and Deswik mine design;
- Proficiency with Ticker3D, Trace and mXrap
- Able to work with limited supervision.
- Good interpersonal skills with contractors and mine personnel.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work safely and not create or ignore hazards.
- Cultural and religious awareness and tolerance.
- High degree of patience and tolerance.
- Able to maintain accurate records and reports.
- Ability to interpret mine layouts.
|WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
Method of ApplicationApplicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
Indicating the role title “Senior Geotechnical Engineer“ in the subject of your email Send your application via e-mail to: [email protected] If you are not contacted by Barrick – Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 17th October 2021 BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling Toll-Free Number +1-877-246-5399 or through www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com