Senior Enumerator x2 at International Organization for Migration
- Company: International Organization for Migration
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Zanzibar Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Position title Senior Enumerator – Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) (Two positions)
Position grade Ungraded – UG
Type of appointment Daily Contract
Duty station Chake Chake & Zanzibar
Reporting directly to DTM Coordinator
Overall supervision by Programme Coordinator
|The Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) is IOM’s information management tool to track and monitor population mobility. It is designed to regularly capture, process, analyse and disseminate various layers of information on the mobility, vulnerability, and needs of displaced and mobile populations that enables decision-makers and responders to provide these populations with better context-specific assistance. IOM Tanzania, working with the Office of the Chief Government Statistician (OCGS) of Zanzibar, plans to implement DTM in Zanzibar under the Covid-19 Preparedness and Response in Southern and Horn of Africa regional project.
III. RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
In coordination with the Programme Assistant in Zanzibar, and under the direct supervision of the DTM project coordinator in Dar es Salaam, the DTM Senior Enumerator will be responsible for the following activities, according to the procedures and training provided by IOM:
1. Assist in planning and leading all DTM activities in the targeted districts in close collaboration with the DTM Coordinator, partners, and local governmental entities.
2. Supervise and evaluate the enumerators under his/her responsibilities.
3. Ensure the regular data/information flow as per IOM procedures and regularly verify accuracy of data.
4. Compile and ensure data are collected and transferred in due time to the DTM Coordinator, following up with the DTM coordinator and the enumerators for any data quality issue.
5. Report regularly on all DTM activities in Zanzibar to the DTM Coordinator and the Programme Assistant in Zanzibar and make relevant recommendations/advice to ensure the information collected is useful and relevant to all stakeholders.
6. Participate in the revision of the tools/methodologies and training of the team leaders and
|7. Respect IOM’s Data Protection Principles and IOM Code of Conduct.
8. Perform other duties as they might be assigned.
• Strong management and interpersonal skills • Ability to work with flexibility and integrity.
• Ability to work independently, with excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
• Ability to work in challenging settings, under pressure while respecting tight deadlines.
• Capacity to learn and gain new competencies, while accepting/giving constructive criticism
• Ability to organize an information flow
• Computer knowledge use including Microsoft Office, Google Earth and ability to use internet and email.
• Knowledge of Kobo applications and use of PDAs
• Good knowledge of the geography and culture of the United Republic of Tanzania
• Familiarity with mobile data collection technologies and GPS an advantage
V. QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• At least a diploma in Social Science, Geography, IT, Computer Science, or any other
• Experience in data collection and information management, preferably in natural disaster situations
• Minimum one year of experience in managing teams in the field
• Experience with International Organizations, INGO an advantage
• Knowledge of data collection in humanitarian settings appreciated
• Fluency in Swahili and English
Method of Application
Interested candidates should fill in the PH form, submit CV’s and cover letter indicating Vacancy Notice number with 3 professional references and contacts to [email protected]
Only electronic applications will be accepted
Kindly note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted & Vacancy is open for Internal & External Tanzanian Applicants.
“All the vacancies announced by IOM Tanzania are completely free and candidates are not at any point requested to pay a fee for applying or during the recruitment process’’
Deadline 16 August 2020