Senior Enterprise Sales Executive at Viamo
- Company: Viamo
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Sales/Marketing Jobs in Tanzania
Mobile technology is revolutionizing how organizations engage with their end users. More than 96% of the world’s population has access to a mobile phone, meaning it is now possible to reach nearly every single person on the planet. Yet 3 billion people living in emerging markets still lack access to relevant, timely, and engaging information in their local languages, and their voices remain underheard. The organizations that serve them lack the technology and capacity to reach them, and many are unaware of the power of mobile technology to meet their organizational goals.
Viamo connects individuals and organisations using digital technology to make better decisions.
With more than 30 million people reached in 2020 alone, we are well on our way to meeting our goal of reaching 50 million people annually by 2023.
About the role
Viamo’s main market to date has been organizations working in the international development sector: bilateral donors, multilateral agencies, international NGOs, government contractors, foundations, etc. Despite this focus, we have experienced organic demand and success with companies working in the commercial sector, including companies such as Facebook, McKinsey&Co, Unilever, DKT, Johnson & Johnson, as well as others in the financial, agriculture, FMCG and healthcare sectors. We see big potential for expanding this work and are hiring a dedicated team to pursue it in East Africa.
As such, we are looking for a solutions oriented, Enterprise Sales Executive to join the newly formed Commercial team. We are seeking a candidate with enterprise sales experience as well as an entrepreneurial track record of custom making enterprise solutions to suit clients in the commercial sector using resources made available to them.
Such solutions include: brand awareness, targeted advertising, consumer education, customer satisfaction surveys & Net Promoter Scores, loyalty programs, service hotlines, market studies, longitudinal indices, training of workforces, etc… all through mobile.
- Daily end to end sales activities aimed at achieving set revenue targets. These activities include:
– Lead generation and qualification
– Outreach,Product pitching & proposal development
– Proposal follow up and
– Closing project contracts & collections.
- Client account management with the key goal of maintaining positive relationships in order to cross sell and upsell.
- Work with clients and internal teams to design and launch effective mobile engagement projects. This includes: building relationships with external influencers, co-designing projects, preparing budget proposals and responding to briefs and RFPs/RFQs.
- Prepare and submit sales proposals, pricing and service agreements within Viamo’s guidelines.
- Liaise with internal and external teams to transition contracted work between the management, operations, finance and legal departments using available tools.
- Timely and accurate reporting of leads, proposals and contracts while monitoring goals against actual targets.
- Assist finance and legal teams to correctly invoice and collect on contracted revenue from clients
- Other duties:
- Attend and participate in events relevant events to assist in network expansion
- Participate in any assignments, activities and responsibilities as directed by management.
Key Performance Indicators
- Value of signed contracts.
- Number of new and active accounts acquired.
- Number of firms where Viamo is listed as a supplier or signed on MSAs/LTSAs.
- Revenue collected.
- Impact, measured by the number of people and economic sectors reached through our work against set targets
- Net promoter score from the clients served.
Team and Reporting Structure
- This position reports to the Director of Enterprise Sales, East Africa
- At least 5 years of experience in enterprise/B2B sales with demonstrated knowledge and client and partner network in East Africa.
- Proven business development skills with a track record of delivering and exceeding sales targets with enterprise/B2B clients with a history of submitting winning proposals.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial spirit. We need someone who has the ability to identify opportunities within our product portfolio for serving clients’ unique needs.
- Experience selling into the FMCGs, agriculture, healthcare and/or financial sectors; minimum sales of >$300k/yr.
- Experience and a strong network of relationships in East Africa.
- A deep knowledge of the research and surveys industry in East Africa.
- Experience working in both a cross-functional, multi-cultural team environment and working autonomously to deliver on results with limited day-to-day oversight.
- Experience in the technology, SaaS, software platform and/or mobile industries.
- Demonstrated self-management/entrepreneurial skills; adaptability and resourcefulness.
- Training in either; sales, business management or business development.
- A demonstrated ability to network with key contacts across East Africa. Membership in a professional body within the marketing or research fields although not necessary is an added advantage.
- Excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated knowledge of data analysis as well as market research and their impact in marketing.
- Outstanding presentation skills with the ability to hold an audience.
- Experience living and working in East Africa; either in Kenya, Uganda or Tanzania.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 7th May, 2021.