Senior Engineer – (Materials Engineer) at TANROADS
- Company: TANROADS
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
The Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS), is an Agency under the Ministry of Works which is responsible for the Development and Maintenance of the Trunk and Regional Roads Network in Tanzania Mainland.
The Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS) for and on behalf of the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania entered into a Contract for the Upgrading of Karatu – Mbulu – Haydom – Sibiti – Lalago – Maswa (389Km) Road to Bitumen Standard, Lot2: Labay – Hydom Section (25Km) under Design and Build. The duration of Construction Period is 18 calendar months.
The Regional Manager’s Office TANROADS – Manyara, on behalf of the Chief Executive, TANROADS intends to recruit qualified and competent Staff to fill the following vacant posts on short terms contract base within the Region.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified to attend the interview at their own cost at Babati Town.
Successful applicants must be ready to work for considerable lengths of time in Manyara Region within the project area if situation warrants.
POSITION TITLE: Senior Engineer – (Materials Engineer)(1 Post)
Educational/Professional Qualifications: –
- A postgraduate qualification in geotechnical/materials or pavement engineering is an added advantage;
- He /She must have a minimum of seven (7) years’ experience related to materials testing;
- Soils investigation and pavement design and construction of roads and bridges;
- Served in similar capacity in two (2) assignments of similar nature in the last five (5) years;
- He/She shall supervise the construction works with due diligence and efficiency; and
- Fluency in written and spoken English is mandatory.
Duties and Responsibilities: –
- The Soils/ Materials Engineer shall be responsible for ensuring the quality of all materials to be incorporated in the works, as well as the completed works, conform to the contract specifications;
- He/She shall conduct and supervise the materials investigation with a view to achieve optimal design and contraction strategy;
- The Soil/Materials Engineer shall carry out the pavement design and should be conversant with current practice in testing and pavement construction techniques;
- He/She must be a registered Professional Civil Engineer with a degree in Civil Engineering or Pavement or Materials Engineering; and
- He/She shall supervise the construction works with due diligence and efficiency.
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement;
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts, postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates;
- Degree/Advanced Diploma/ Diploma Certificates;
- Form IV and/or Form VI Secondary School Certificates;
- Registration Certificate from respective Registration or Regulatory Bodies, (where applicable);
- Birth Certificate.
- Submission of the following documents is strictly not acceptable: –
- Form IV and form VI results slips;
- Testimonies and all Partial Transcripts;
- An applicant should indicate three relevant referees with their reliable contacts;
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Secondary Schools or Universities/Colleges should be authenticated by the National respective organs (NECTA, NACTE or TCU); vii. A signed Application Letter in English;
- Anyone with known underperformance history with TANROADS will not be considered;
- Deadline for application is 20th November,2023 at 16:30 Local Hours;
- Only short-listed candidate will be informed for interview; and
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will render to necessitate legal action
Method of ApplicationAPPLICATIONS MUST BE POSTED TO THE ADDRESS BELOW: –
P.O. Box 24,
BABATI – MANYARA.