Senior Engineer at Tanroads
- Company: Tanroads
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanga Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
The Tanzania National Road Agency (TANROADS) is an Agency under the Ministry of Works which is responsible for the Development and Maintenance of Trunk and Regional Roads Network in Tanzania Mainland.
The Tanzania National Roads Agency (TANROADS) for and on behalf of the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania entered into a Contract for the Upgrading of Handeni-Mafuleta (20KM) roads to Bitumen Standard.
The Regional Office TANROADS-TANGA , on behalf of the Chief Executive , TANROADS intends to recruit qualified and competent Staff to fill the following vacant post on short terms contract within the Region.
POSITION TITTLE: Senior Engineer-(Materials Engineer) (1 Post)
Must be a Tanzanian Cizizen who is a holder of Bachelor Degree in one of the following fields.Civil Engineering, Highway Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Structural Engineering or equivalent qualifications from a recognized Institutions with working experience of at least seven (7)years in related field. Must be registered by ERB as Professional Engineer.
Duties and Responsibilities:-
- To ensure the quality of all materials to be incorporated in the works, as well as the completed works, conform to the contract specifications;
- To conduct and supervise the materials investigation with a view to achieve optimal design and construction strategy;
- To carry out the pavement design and should be conversant with current practice in testing and pavement constructions techniques;
- To perform other duties as will be assigned by the supervisor.
- Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in the advertisement;
- Applicants must attach an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contacts, postal address/post code, e-mail and telephone numbers;
- Applicants must attach their certified copies of the following certificates;
- Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma Certificates;
- Form IV and/or Form VI Secondary School Certificates;
- Registration Certificate from respective Registration or Regulatory Bodies, where applicable)
- Birth certificate.
- Submission of the following documents is strictly not acceptable:-
- Form IV and Form VI results slips;
- Testimonies and all Partial Transcripts;
- An applicant should indicates three relevant referees with their reliable contacts;
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Secondary Schools or Universities/Colleges should be authenticated by the National respective organs(NECTA, NACTE or TCU);
- A signed Application Letter in English;
- Anyone with known under performance history with TANROADS will not be considered;
- Deadline for application is 23rd December, 2023 at 16;30 Local Hours;
- Only short-listed candidates will be informed for interview; and
- Presentation of forged certificates and other information will render to necessitate legal action.
Method of ApplicationAPPLICATIONS MUST BE POSTED TO THE ADDRESS BELOW:- The Regional Manager,