Senior Data Use Advisor, Tanzania at Palladium
- Company: Palladium
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Palladium develops and delivers innovative, locally relevant, evidence-based solutions to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. Since 1971, we have assisted governmental and non-governmental agencies, foundations, and the private sector by designing, implementing, and evaluating programs in HIV/AIDS, sexual and reproductive health, population and family planning, maternal and child health, infectious diseases, and gender. Palladium has deep expertise in policy and advocacy, research and strategic information, health markets and private sector engagement, modeling and economic analysis, patient monitoring and management/HMIS, strategic consulting, and program management.
Palladium is currently seeking a Senior Data Use Advisor to support implementation of the Translating Data for Implementation (Data.FI) award which is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). Data.FI partners with PEPFAR programs to accelerate and sustain access to high-quality data to expedite HIV and COVID-19 epidemic control and maintenance. Data.FI supports host country governments to enhance existing health information systems (HIS) and conduct in-depth analysis of epidemiologic and program data to inform management responses to gaps in programming and sustain impact by supporting local partner transition.
Purpose of Position:
In Tanzania, Data.FI will support the government (PORALG) and USAID to strengthen and expand the application of the Makole Model as a change management approach to improve productivity and the quality of services at health facilities. The Data Use Advisor will support implementation and expand the scope of the quality improvement initiative known as the Makole Model, successfully implemented at the health facility level, through the development of Situation Rooms at the District and National levels. The Data Use Advisor will work closely with a Technical & Policy Advisory Group, composed of experts from USAID, PORALG and UNICEF, to leverage data from routine health information systems and existing quality improvement and quality assurance (QI/QA) platforms to improve productivity, quality of services and institutional performance.
This position is based in Dodoma. The initial position term is 6 months, with an extension for up to 3 years, depending on funding.
- Serve as the Data.FI lead in Technical & Policy Advisory Group meetings, led by the government (PORALG) to review priority indicators, (HIV/AIDs, maternal child health, nutrition, and family planning, etc) available from routine and QA/QI information systems.
- In collaboration with the Technical & Policy Advisory Group, develop a Situation Room Methodology for data review and use which identifies the root cause of performance problems and incorporates the Plan-Do-See Act (PDSA) QA/QI approach for engaging in corrective action planning.
- Develop user-friendly data visualization products (dashboards and standard analyses) designed to monitor performance against established targets.
- Support the development of a cascaded training curriculum for continued scale up of the Situation Room and Makole Model Methodologies.
- Leverage adult learning principles to create interactive sessions intended to engage critical thinking skills, encourage accountability, and be highly systematized for ease of replicability.
- Develop strategies to support and sustain regular Situation Room meetings and Makole Model interventions at the district and regional level.
- Mentor PORALG facilitators who will conduct training for districts in the Situation Room Methodology and selected health facilities in the Makole Model Methodology.
- Recruit, mentor and supervise field-based Data Use Officers to facilitate Situation Room meetings and Makole Model interventions.
- Collaborate closely with Senior System Architect to ensure analytics and dashboards are designed to promote decision making and respond to user requirements.
- Promote knowledge management efforts aimed at tracking impact of data use strategies. (Data Use Briefs).
- A Master’s degree in public health, statistics, health informatics required; a Medical Degree with clinical experience preferred.
- At least 5 years’ experience promoting evidence-based decision making within health management or facility settings.
- Familiarity with quality improvement and quality assurance (QI/QA) models and principles required; expertise within field of continuous quality improvement (CQI) an advantage.
- Demonstrated skills in building the capacity of regional level stakeholders in data demand and use, data communication, and advocacy for evidence-informed decision making. This includes strong skills in facilitating the interpretation and use of data by program managers.
- Knowledge of project management principles and ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to effectively write technical documents, lead meetings, conduct trainings and deliver presentations.
- Strong organizational, stakeholder management and people skills required; existing relationships with USAID, PORALG and UNICEF preferred.
- Familiarity with the Makole Model a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, TEAMS), experience with DHIS2 and Business Intelligence tools an advantage.
- Ability to travel 50% within Tanzania.
- Fluency in English required, fluency in Swahili preferred.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 29th April, 2021.