3 May 2023
Senior Data Scientist at NMB Bank
Never Miss a Job Update Again. Click Here to Subscribe
- Company: NMB Bank
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania - National Merchant Bank (NMB) Jobs in Tanzania
Head Office, Hq
The individual will support relevant stakeholders through analytics, and the application of appropriate advanced analytics for the business’ key initiatives.
- Mine, analyze large amounts of data, find hidden patterns and forecasting trends using data and provide reports with recommendations
- Implement advanced analytics use case scenarios for the bank
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes
- Researching on Machine Learning Algorithms
- Testing Machine Learning systems
- Training and retraining ML systems
- Using Data Science techniques/tools to improve processes
- Aggregate data from disparate sources both structured and unstructured
- Translate analytic insights into concrete, actionable recommendations for business or product improvement.
- Identify new opportunities to apply machine learning to business processes to improve their efficiency and effectiveness;
- Design and implement reporting dashboards that can track key business metrics and provide actionable insights;
- Process, cleanse, and validate the integrity of data to be used for analysis
- Automation data collection and management process
- Work closely with business to identify issues and use data to propose solutions for effective decision making
- Design and implement big data strategy for the bank
- Innovate by researching, learning, and adapting new modeling techniques and procedures to existing business problems.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions
Knowledge and Skills:
- BI & Data warehouse; ML Techniques; Big data platforms
- Strong mathematical & numeracy skills
- Understanding of reporting & data visualizations tools
- Understanding of ETL framework and ETL tools
- Excellent analytical, creative and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with people at all levels.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Ability to priorities, meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Data oriented personality
Qualifications and Experience:
- BSc in Computer Science, Data science, Mathematics or relevant field.
- Strong coding skills, such as R, Python or Scala
- Proven work experience as a Data Scientist
- Experience with big data platforms and tools including Hadoop, Pig, Hive, Spark and MapReduce
- Experience with programing languages including SQL, Python, Scala and Perl; and R.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience in data mining & machine learning algorithms and their implementations
- Experience with manipulating large data set
- Experience in financial services especially in Banking is a bonusNMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 15th May, 2023.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE