26 Feb 2022
Senior Data Scientist at National Merchant Bank (NMB)
Never Miss a Job Update Again. Click Here to Subscribe
- Company: National Merchant Bank (NMB)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania - National Merchant Bank (NMB) Jobs in Tanzania
Senior Data Scientist (1 Position(s))
Support relevant stakeholders through analytics, and the application of appropriate advanced analytics for the business’ key initiatives.
- Mine, analyze large amounts of data, find hidden patterns and forecast trends and provide reports with recommendations
- Implement advanced analytics use case scenarios for the bank
- Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms
- Use Data Science techniques/tools to improve processes; Aggregate data from disparate sources
- Translate analytic insights into concrete, actionable recommendations for business or product improvement.
- Identify new opportunities to apply machine learning to business processes
- Design and implement reporting dashboards that can track key business metrics and provide actionable insights;
- Process, cleanse, and validate the integrity of data; Automate data collection and management process
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions
- Innovate new modeling techniques and procedures to existing business problems.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong mathematical & numeracy skills
- Understanding of reporting & data visualizations tools
- Understanding of ETL framework and tools
- Excellent analytical, creative and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with people at all levels.
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Attention to detail; Strong data analysis skills
Qualifications and Experience:
- BSc in Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics or relevant field.
- 5 years of experience in manipulating data sets and building statistical models
- Strong coding skills, such as R, Python or Scala
- Advanced level proficiency in Structured Query Language (SQL).
- Experience with big data platforms and tools including Hadoop, Pig, Hive, Spark and MapReduce
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Familiarity with database management, data warehousing, data modeling and data visualization tools.
- Experience in data mining & machine learning algorithms and their implementations
- Experience with manipulating large data sets
- Experience in financial services especially in banking is a bonus
Job opening date : 24-Feb-2022
Job closing date : 10-Mar-2022
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th March, 2022.