8 Mar 2022
Senior Data Engineer at National Merchant Bank (NMB)
Never Miss a Job Update Again. Click Here to Subscribe
- Company: National Merchant Bank (NMB)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania - National Merchant Bank (NMB) Jobs in Tanzania
Senior Data Engineer (1 Position(s))
- To build and maintain optimized and highly available data pipelines that facilitate deeper analysis and reporting.
- Design, implement and maintain the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and ‘big data’ technologies into a Data Warehouse based on internal process improvements, automation and optimization of data delivery.
- Identify, design and implement internal process improvements including re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, optimizing data delivery, and automating manual processes
- Design and build solutions to empower users to perform self-serve analytics needs.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements and design custom ETL and ELT processes.
- Implement enhancements and new features across data infrastructure systems including Data warehouse, ETL, Master Data Management & BI platform
- Maintain the overall data infrastructure systems
- Troubleshoot data issues, data platforms and perform root cause analysis
- Design and implement data products and features in collaboration with product owners, data analysts, and business partners using Agile / Scrum methodology
- Design and build an optimal organizational data infrastructure and architecture for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of large data volumes from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and Azure, AWS big data technologies.
- Profile and analyze data for the purpose of designing scalable solutions
- Define and apply appropriate data acquisition and consumption strategies for given technical scenarios
- Work with architecture and other teams to ensure quality solutions are implemented, and engineering best practices are defined and adhered to
- Anticipate, identify and solve issues concerning data management to improve data quality.
- Work with analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Advise on the best tools/services/resources to build robust data pipelines for data ingestion, connection, transformation, and distribution
- Transform data and engineer new features for machine learning models
- Perform deep-dive analysis including the application of advanced analytical techniques to solve some of the more critical and complex business problems
- Create new methods to visualize core business metrics through reports, dashboards, and analytics tools.
- Work with different stakeholders to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Work with business users to understand the domain knowledge and troubleshooting of product issues
Knowledge and Skills:
- Understanding of ETL framework and tools
- Understanding of reporting & data visualization tools
- Excellent analytical, creative and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with people at all levels.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail
Qualifications and Experience:
- BSc in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data science, or relevant field.
- Strong programming experience in SQL, Python, R
- 5 years of experience in data engineering role
- 3 years of big data experience
- Experience in building and optimizing data warehouse and big data pipeline architectures
- Experience with design, development and maintenance of ETL tools
- Experience with maintenance and troubleshooting of BI platforms; SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience in data mining & machine learning
- Successful history of manipulating processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets
- Extensive experience working with Hadoop and related processing frameworks such as Spark, Hive, etc.
Job opening date : 24-Feb-2022
Job closing date : 10-Mar-2022
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th March, 2022.