Senior Credit Risk Officer at Serene Microfinance Limited
- Company: Serene Microfinance Limited
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Tanzania
Serene Microfinance Limited has been a growing and expanding company since its establishment in providing financial solutions to many individuals and corporates. Serene Microfinance Ltd exceptionally stands as good example due to the unique contribution in reaching many categories of customers in Tanzania with micro-loans whose operations are in many parts of Dar es Salaam City and the nearby Regions.
In an effort to stream line operations, Serene Microfinance LTD seeks to recruit qualified Senior Risk Officer, Accountant Officer and Marketing Officer to assist on the Management of Risk, finance and Marketing Department. (Location Dar es Salaam)
Position: Senior Credit Risk Officer (1Post)
- Senior Credit risk officers are responsible for managing the risks that arise from lending Money to Serene Customers, analyze the creditworthiness of potential borrowers and decide whether or not to extend those loans.
- Credit risk officers also are responsible for monitor existing loans to ensure that borrowers continue to meet their obligations under these agreements.
- Credit risk officers need to have a strong understanding of financial concepts and practices.
- Need to be able to read and interpret financial statements, understand the implications of different financial strategies and make informed decisions about financial matters.
- Communication skills: Credit risk officers’ needs to know how to communicate with a variety of individuals and groups, including other members of a company’s leadership team, employees, customers, suppliers and regulators.
- Risk management skills: the ability to identify potential risks and develop strategies to mitigate them.
- As a credit risk officer, you may be responsible for developing and implementing a company’s risk management strategy.
- Holder of University Degree or equivalent qualification in Risk Management, Finance or any other related field
- Proven work experience of 3 years as Risk Officer in Microfinance or Bank
- Exposure to microfinance desired, Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point.Reporting Relationship: Credit Risk Officer Reporting to General Manager
NOTE: Experience of working with Microfinance Institutions/Bank will be an added advantage.
Method of ApplicationKindly submit your application along with Academic Certificates (Photocopies) and detailed CV containing names of three (3) referees with their contacts to the address below in one PDF File not later than 20th May, 2023. All late applications will not be processed.
Application AddressAll applications should be sent by email and addressed to:
The Human Resource and Administration Manager, Serene Microfinance Ltd, P.O. Box 33813, Mikocheni B, Dar es Salaam. Email; [email protected]
Note: only shortlisted candidates would be contacted “Serene Microfinance is an Equal Employment Opportunity Company. Both Men and Women are encouraged to apply”