Senior Cost & Pricing Officer, Africa at PATH
- Company: PATH
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH is seeking a Senior Cost & Pricing Officer. This position is based in Africa. The Senior Cost & Pricing Officer is a critical member of PATH’s pricing and finance team. Under the direction of the Head of Cost & Pricing, the Senior Cost & Pricing Officer oversees the development of cost proposals to a variety of international donors including the development of detailed budget, budget narrative, cost/price analysis of partner budgets, partner budget negotiations and documentation, and coordination with other proposal team members throughout the organization. The Senior Cost and Pricing officer leads large and complex proposals, and also trains, mentors, assists and supports a variety of other PATH staff on proposal development. The Senior Cost and Pricing officer cultivates and develops relationships with PATH staff in Africa, and provides specific support for budgets originating in our Africa offices.
- Cost proposal Development for assigned bids
- Lead the cost proposal efforts for PATH’s Proposal Budgeting team working closely with technical teams as well as the proposal development team.
- Develop and revise complex proposal templates and budgets in accordance with donor requirements, while utilizing advanced Excel spreadsheet techniques.
- Develop explanatory budget narratives to accompany budget.
- Lead and manage proposal budget meetings with various international teams and make recommendations to technical teams to assure development of a competitive proposal.
- Lead a cost analysis of the RFA/RFP document for initial proposal team meetings. Develop cost strategy for individual proposals and back of the envelope budgets.
- Create and modify budget spreadsheet templates to be responsive to donor specific requirements. Create and/or revise new budget templates as needed, especially for non-US Government donors.
- Develop pricing and presentation budgets for Cost Plus Fixed Fee (CPFF), Firm Fixed Price (FFP), Time and Materials (T&M), Deliverables Contracts.
- Negotiates with partners and subcontractor organizations to ensure partners’ budgets and cost proposal documentation are compliant with donor and solicitation requirements. Coordinate cost volume inputs from subrecipients/subcontractors as a part of the proposal process and perform activities including: providing budget assumptions and guidance, developing required budget templates, and finalize budgets to conform to donor requirements.
- Other Business Development:
- Research and analyze various donor requirements for proposal budgeting and project management. Develop tools, templates and capacity-building on these requirements.
- Conduct market research and cost/data gathering for countries and program work.
- Create and revise cost-related tools, templates, worksheets, guides, and training manuals.
- Provide guidance to partner organizations on proposal budgeting, proposal procedures, cost documentation.
- Liaise with contracts and grants/finance staff supporting existing projects for operational inputs on proposal development.
- Subject expert matter on US Government and other donor regulation policies including, but not limited to, Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Agency for International Development Acquisition Regulation (AIDAR), and US Department of State Standardized Regulations.
- Review and provide feedback on assigned proposal and program budgets and prepare final versions for submission to the donor.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience overall with a minimum of 3 years developing cost proposals including the budget, budget narrative, and cost documentation for donor-funded programs, including US Government (USAID, CDC, NIH), other bilateral donors, and/or private foundations and corporations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of various donors including the US Government (USAID, CDC, NIH), DFID, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, UN Agencies, etc.
- Very strong analytical and business modeling skills.
- Manage without authority. The candidate has the capacity to influence a diverse group of stakeholders and interact with an executive audience.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles. Ability to communicate and articulate those principles into the proposal submission.
- Bachelor’s degree required in business administration, accounting, finance, or other relevant field.
- Demonstrated skills and ability to lead, develop, and revise competitive cost proposal budgets within short turnaround times.
- Excellent attention to detail, self-motivated, and ability to work under pressure with competing deadlines.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, SharePoint and Salesforce, with advanced knowledge of spreadsheets using Excel.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to establish rapport and effective, efficient working relationships within a multiple team-oriented environment.
- Ability to travel up to 10% domestically and internationally when it is safe to do so.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th June, 2021.