Senior Communications Manager for Advocacy at WaterAid
- Company: WaterAid
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
We need passionate, creative and dedicated people. In return, you will be encouraged and empowered to be yourself at your very best. Together, we will make a bigger difference.
Join WaterAid as Senior Communications Manager for Advocacy to change normal for millions of people so they can unlock their potential, break free from poverty and change their lives for good. On top of that you’ll be joining a 2020 Great Place to Work® award-winning organisation.
About the Team:
At WaterAid we believe that impactful communications are a vital tool in influencing change. In this role you will lead our advocacy communications work globally, ensuring that every piece of content helps to bring our vision closer to fruition.
About the role:
As our passionate and strategic Global Senior Communications Manager for Advocacy you will develop and lead on a clear vision, ambition, strategy and delivery to help achieve our global advocacy objectives. You will inspire and support your Global Advocacy Communications team and colleagues around the world to be more ambitious, braver and bolder – but always strategic in approach.
In this role, you will help align and strengthen all advocacy communications work, working closely with our policy and campaigns colleagues and across the Communications and Fundraising Directorate.
You will work closely with communications colleagues across the WaterAid family, to maximise opportunities and help provide support and training where needed.
In short you will use your skills in communications and leadership to influence change and bring the day when everyone everywhere has clean water, decent toilets and hygiene closer, quicker.
* Manage the Advocacy Communications team, comprising of two Advocacy Communications Managers and an Advocacy Editor
* Ensure coherence and coordination of communications plans and approaches including our two global campaigns and wider policy and advocacy work
* Help drive integration between fundraising and advocacy activities
* Champion the strategic use of communications across our advocacy work
To be successful, you’ll need:
* Substantial experience of and passion for developing, leading and delivering communications strategies that help influence political change
* Experience of leading successful communications campaigns at global and national level
*A keen political ‘savviness’ and proven application of this to achieve political change
* Experience of leading, managing and motivating others
* The ability to think strategically and develop long term plans
* The ability to influence senior colleagues and team
* Ability to adapt to rapidly changing work plans and a ‘can do’ attitude
* Ability to travel
36 days’ holiday (including 8 Bank Holidays)
Option to buy an extra 5 days annual leave
We offer a generous pension plan with employer contribution of up to 10%
Wide range of flexible and agile-working arrangement
Season Ticket Loan
Free annual eye tests
Pay as You Give charitable giving scheme
Enhanced Maternity and Adoption/Surrogacy pay, Shared Parental Leave and Paternity Leave
An inclusive workplace:
We are committed to being an organisation where everyone is included, respected, and empowered to be their best. We represent and celebrate our staff, partners and everyone we work with, and create a culture where everyone can reach their full potential.
We are an equal opportunity, disability-confident employer and are dedicated to achieving the highest standards of diversity, equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, beliefs, customs, traditions and ways of life. This includes, but is not limited to, race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, national or social origin, health status, and economic or social situation.
We are also committed to protecting everyone we come into contact with. We have a zero-tolerance approach to abuse of power, privilege or trust across our global work, and any form of inappropriate behaviour, discrimination, abuse, bullying, harassment, or exploitation. Safeguarding the people and communities we work with, our staff, volunteers and anyone working on our behalf is our top priority, and we take our responsibilities extremely seriously.
The deadline for submitting the application is 17 October 2022.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 23th October, 2022.