Senior Communication and Administration Intern at Stichting Nederlandse Vrijwilliger (SNV)
- Company: Stichting Nederlandse Vrijwilliger (SNV)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Arusha & Moshi Jobs
- Job type: Internship
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Senior Communication and Administration Intern
- Arusha, Tanzania
- Contract type: Internships
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation. Founded in the Netherlands 50 years ago, we have built a long-term, local presence in 24 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors works with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
WASH SDG Programme aims to sustainably improve access to and use of sanitation services and improve hygiene behaviours in the coming five years (2017-2022). It is built on three core strategic objectives, namely (1) increasing demand for improved WASH facilities and practices, (2) improving the quality of service provision and by (3) improving governance of the sector. The programme will contribute to achieving access to safely managed sanitation and improved hygiene behaviour for 200,000 and 160,000 people respectively in peri-urban/urban areas of Shinyanga and Arusha municipalities/cities.
As the programme enters its final stretch, and the importance of documenting and capturing the best practices and lessons learnt, the Programme requires the recruitment of a senior intern to support on the ground activities related to all components and to provide ongoing communications and admin support.
Overview of the Position:
The overall aim of the position is to ensure that the WASH SDG Programme is adequately supported with communications, learning, documentation and administrative functions, to assist with the smooth and timely running of the programme’s implementation.
The specific objectives of the position are;
– To support the WASH SDG programme team with communication efforts relating to creative documentation, media engagement and behaviour change communications
– To support the monitoring, learning and reporting activities of the WASH SDG Programme
– To support administrative and financial functions of the WASH SDG Programme (including but not limited to mobile payments, registrations, and event coordination)
The successful applicant will undergo a short orientation to be provided by the respective supervisor to properly introduce the intern to the SNV efforts globally, the SNV country sector programmes with specific induction to the WASH SDG project. The intern will work closely with the project team in their respective areas including partners and consultants hired under the project.
- To successfully support the WASH SDG SNV Team with all communication efforts, relating to creative documentation (audio, visual, online and offline), engaging the media (radio programmes, social media activities etc), capacity building and follow-up relating to the MSMB website, and implementation of communication interventions linked to Behaviour Change and Communication (60% of time)
- To successfully support the WASH SDG SNV Team through the accurate and timely delivery of administrative and financial processes including but not limited to: travel; meeting arrangements and minute taking; filing; printing; Mobile payments, vehicle booking etc (40% of time).
· The Senior Intern must be a Tanzanian national, preferably of the level of a bachelor degree or equivalent Master’s degree is an added advantage;
· Demonstrated experience in communications relating to documentation, development of IEC materials (posters, infographics, etc), social media and engagement of the media (radio, TV, etc);
· Experience in document review, blog/article writing, website management and editorial skills;
· Some understanding and exposure to the WASH sector and working with government officials and NGOs is an added advantage;
· Experience of administrative procedures and computer skills, such as the use of excel;
· Candidates with some knowledge and/or experience in behaviour change and communication, administration and development studies are preferred;
Desired Skills and attitude:
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English including reporting and presentation skills Analytical skills combined with a practical and pragmatic approach oriented towards lasting results;
· Strong interpersonal and influence skills and experience of working in a international organization;
· Good team player with solution orientated approach;
· Readiness to carry out field work when required;
Contract Type: Internship Agreement
Contract Duration: Six months
Expected Start Date: 14th April, 2022 (or earlier)
Information Duty Station: Arusha
Working at SNV:
SNV offers a competitive allowance. We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. Our staff benefit from, and contribute to, an internal global network of WASH experts. For more information, please visit our website: www.snv.org.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 18th March , 2022.